Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy Friday, everyone!!! As my last full week of summer, I'd have to say this week went by pretty slowly. I’ve been really trying to hold onto these last few moments of summer and it’s working! Since yesterday was John's birthday, we are spending a majority of this weekend celebrating! I'm super excited to spend the weekend doing some fun stuff such as go to a wine festival and crabbing. But before any of that can begin, time for this week’s Friday Five!


1. The Wife Between Us
Multiple people suggested this book to me lately so I was super pumped when my library finally had it available. I’m happy to report that it’s just as good as people said! In the beginning, the story leads you to believe you’re reading about an ex-wife jealous of her ex-husband’s new wife. As you continue reading you learn to not assume. This book is full of twists and turns you’ll never see coming. I was on the edge of my seat up until the last page. 10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for a thriller book!

2. Peaches
I have been LOVING peaches lately. They’ve been good from wherever I’ve bought them (farm stand, grocery story, etc.). Peaches have been part of almost every one of my meals lately!


3. Charity Miles app
Awhile back I had heard about the Charity Miles app but I just recently started using it thanks to one of my favorite bloggers, Carlee McDot, who is started using it as part of her 34 days of kindness leading up to her birthday. I’ll explain more about that in a later post, for now let’s talk about this wonderful creation! It’s super simple. Download the app, choose your charity, and then track your runs using the app. After you run, money is donated to your charity of choice! It’s seriously the easiest thing since you’re most likely going to run anyway. I’ve used it on my last few runs but sadly forgot until part way through so I haven’t added up much mileage yet.


4. Nail Strengthener
A month or so ago I finally broke the habit of biting my nails! While out this past weekend, I stumbled across a nail strengthening polish that I figured wouldn’t hurt to try out since my nails have been pretty weak and cracking a lot. I’ve been using it all week and so far I love it! My nails feel super strong and have been easier to keep long.

5. Wearing Shorts & Long Sleeve Shirts
Somehow the weather has been pretty decent this week, more so in the evening. It is finally that time of year where I can wear shorts with a long sleeve shirt, which may be one of my favorite things to wear! Being able to dress like this always gets me super pumped for the fall!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. I loved that book so I'm glad you enjoyed it! At first I definitely thought I understood the plot but man there were some good twists in it.

    I used to bite my nails too and haven broken the habit (minus when I'm very stressed). It's the best feeling!

    This week I've been loving the break from really hot temperatures. Don't get me wrong, I love summer and don't want it to end but it was nice to be able to walk Bailey without both of us being dead after a short 20 minutes outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought I had the story line figured out by was so wrong! I’m not even sure how I broke the habit but I feel great now!

      Delete