Monday, March 18, 2019

My Week in Pictures XIII

Although the morning were rough due to daylight savings, being light out longer made me feel much more productive this past week. It was definitely a quieter week over in my world and I am a-okay with that! Continue on to see what I was up to last week. I hope everyone is having a great Monday :)


A vanilla chai tea was necessary on Monday morning!


A thoughtful student gave me a whole bag of Irish potatoes that her family made.


Later sunset = a later run once I'm done all the work I wanted to get done around the house.


Tommy came over on Wednesday to go to the park near my house. Afterwards, he had a blast playing with his favorite cousin!


Thursday was Irish potato ball making night. Tommy was such a big help!



Friday night was our food tasting at our venue. We brought our maid of honor and best man. Everything was so tasty! I think our guests will be happy :)


Mahi Mahi with mango salsa and a delicious rice mixture!


After the tasting, we tried out the ice cream stand in near our house that we kept hearing about. I tried a cannoli sundae and man was it yummy!


John had a work training Saturday morning so I woke up early and played with Dexter for a bit. Lately he's been loving his tennis ball.


I went out for a run, then wasn't feeling it, so I planned to stop after my 3 mile loop. Next thing I know, I'm finishing a 6 mile run. I feel like non-runners wouldn't understand this situation haha.

On Sunday, I couldn't believe how nice it was out, so I went out for another run! Afterwards, we went over to my parent's for St. Patrick's Day dinner!


Question of the Day: Did you take advantage of the nice weather last week? If so, what did you do?

8 comments:

  1. The weather last week was so nice! It was such a tease though since I could be out with Bailey in just a sweatshirt and now I'll need a coat haha.

    That cannoli sundae looks so good. It's making me want to head to that ice cream stand ASAP haha.

    I applaud you from working, doing chores around the house and then running. If I were to do that I would end up on the couch lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed this morning when I had to get my coat out of the closet. I was hoping I was done with that.

      The sundae was AMAZING! I didn't plan on eating the whole thing, but once I started, I couldn't stop! Maybe one day when we eventually meet in person we can go for ice cream!

      Something about the sunshine made me feel so motivated to get things done after work. Then when I realized it was still bright out, I felt motivated to go for a run. It was a strange feeling haha.

      Delete
    2. I totally get how you feel. I packed away my long winter coat and refuse to wear it again this year haha.

      Okay I'm going to text you about that!

      It might be strange but I get the feeling you're describing! Extra sunshine does wonders for us.

      Delete
  2. Those runs that are un-planned and longer than you think you're capable of are seriously the BEST! I love when that happens! :) I'm right there with you with the change in daylight savings and feeling more productive! I needed a good boost and that's been helping me a TON!!

    Have a great rest of your day, girly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love knowing that if I want to, I really can push myself! The boost from daylight savings has been the best! Definitely the kick in the butt I needed haha.

      Thanks for reading, Chelsea!!

      Delete
  3. A vanilla chai tea is a GREAT way to start the day- mmmm mmm!

    Aw so sweet with the irish potatoes from the student !! I just learned what those are. How were they?!

    Food tasting is one of the best parts of wedding planning! How fun.

    A cannoli sundae!??! Goodness gracious that looks GOOOOD.

    It’s the best when a run is so good you want to just keep going!! Glad you are able to enjoy some nice weather :) Thanks for sharing this fun post, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Irish potatoes from my student were so yummy! I actually just learned that Irish potatoes are a Philadelphia thing so now it makes sense why all of my internet friends didn't know what they were! Haha.

      I hope you're getting some good weather over on the west coast! Thanks for reading, Mackenzie :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete