Wednesday, March 6, 2019

How to Annoy a Runner Part 2

Since my Part 1 of How to Annoy a Runner was such a big hit, and I had an abundance of ideas for it, I now present you with Part 2! Most of these were part of my original list, but some were added after I got some input from Part 1. I hope you enjoy and maybe you can even relate for a few {or all!} of these.


I ran a 5k marathon once. Hmm, I don't think you did but okay.


Haven't you heard about the guy who died from running or the woman who was attacked on a run? Yes and yes. I've done my research and I do what I can to stay safe during a run.

Are you one of those joggers? How dare you use the "J" word!



I wish I could run like you. You could if you tried!

Don't you get bored? Actually, I don't! It's my time to think, listen to podcasts, people-watch, and honestly get some peace and quiet!

I wish I had the time to run, but I'm so busy! Are you implying that I am not busy? I actually am, I just make sure to make time for something that is important to me. Everyone has different priorities.



You can eat whatever you want, you're a runner! If only that was the case...

When are you running another marathon? Just because someone runs a marathon, doesn't mean they will start running one every weekend. Let them focus on this accomplishment first!

Do you have to run today? I mean, I don't have to, but I want to.



Question of the Day: Have you ever been asked any of these questions? 
Is there something you've been asked that I didn't mention here?

8 comments:

  1. A 5k marathon...lol. Come on people, that doesn't even make sense!

    One thing that really bothers me whether I'm walking, running, or somersaulting down the sidewalk is when people are on the wrong side. It drives me INSANE. Like I will complain to Alex and yell at people during runs (especially towards the end of them). Stay on the right side and no one gets hurt ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I've had people straight up move in front of my path while I was running towards them. It makes absolutely no sense! I complain to John about this stuff as well. I'm always saying "don't they know to drive on the right side of the road so they should walk/run on the right side?!"

      Delete
    2. I know it's probably bad but I'm stubborn and it's not my job to dodge people on the wrong side of the path. I don't move at all and just stare the person down while I make my way towards them.

      Delete
    3. Have you ever ran into anyone? I'd be so worried they wouldn't ever move even after I stared at them and then I'd end up running into them lol

      Delete
    4. I've never full on run into someone but I have half run into someone before. Like I said it's probably not the way to go about it but I have gotten so fed up that I just don't care.

      Delete
  2. Okay this “how to annoy a runner” series is GOLD. You nailed this!!! I am laughing out loud at all of them. I think the one I relate to the most right now is the “Are you running another marathon” or “any marathons coming up soon?”… I feel that let me just enjoy some rest about completing one less than two months ago! Something that annoys me is when people make snide comments about running on holidays or vacation and say to “just relax”… but the irony is I relax MORE when I can get a run in! Thanks for sharing, Em. Loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaank you so much! I had so much fun writing this! It's sooo frustrating when people ask when you're running another marathon so quickly after finishing one! Let us just enjoy thinking about the one we just did! And I love running on a vacation so I agree that people's snide remarks are annoying as well! Running IS relaxing!

      Delete