Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday Five

It feels so nice that it's Friday after only a 4 day day week! It was a pretty easy week for me as we had our class field trip on Wednesday. This weekend should be just as relaxing. I have nothing but grocery shopping on the agenda for tonight, wedding cake tasting tomorrow 😋 , and plans with my mother-in-law on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great weekend planned. Before I head into my work day, I'm sharing my Friday Five with you!


1. Batiste Dry Shampoo
One of my co-workers keeps this in a closet in my office for us to use and I absolutely love it! Out of all the dry shampoos I've tried, this one is by far the greatest. It doesn't leave a powdery residue like other brands do. It's the perfect way to freshen up your hair on a day when your hair is feeling not so clean.


2. Quote Sign
While out in Lancaster last weekend, I stumbled upon a small wooden sign with John and I's potential first day song on it. I decided to buy it since we desperately need some cute decor in our home. It will also make for a nice decoration at our wedding.


3. Finding Gobi by Dion Leonard
 This was a book recommendation from a student and what a good one it is! Finding Gobi follows the story of a runner, Dion, and a small dog, who he later names Gobi, who meet during an ultra marathon in the Gobi Desert. After the race, Dion decides he wants to bring Gobi home with him to Scotland but this is easier said than done. We follow along during the whole process of getting Gobi from China to Scotland and all the craziness in the middle of that! It's a book for young readers {read: super quick and easy read} but I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a cute and inspiring book to read.

All my photos of the stage from the concert suck so here is one of John and I from that night :)
4. Billy Joel
As I mentioned tons of times before this, I went and saw Billy Joel in concert on Friday night in Philly. He put on such a phenomenal show and made me fall in love with some of his more not as popular songs all over again! 


5. "Persevere" Endorphin Warrior Band
Years ago I won a leather band from the brand Endorphin Warrior that has the word "persevere" engraved on a metal plate. Unfortunately, about a year ago they closed their shop. All I have to remember them by is my "persevere" band and "26.2" band, which I wore all throughout my first marathon training cycle and for motivation since then. Last week I decided to start wearing my "persevere" band every day as a way of motivating myself through the 8-week challenge I am competing in at my gym. I'm wearing it as a way of reminding me to keep working hard no matter what life throws at me.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

5 comments:

  1. The quote sign is awesome! I love cute decor items like that and I'll definitely be texting you when we move if we go to Lancaster so I can go to that store haha.

    Something I've been loving this week is a 3 day work week lol. But I've also been loving this Revlon hair tool. It gives me a blow out in about 20 minutes at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess I'll give you all the recommendations! Lancaster has the cutest shops!

      A 3 day work week is the best! The first thing I said to John when I woke up today was that this was the longest shortest week ever lol. The Revlon hair tool is great! John bought it for me for Christmas and it has been life changing!

      Delete
    2. Yesss, can't wait!!
      I totally agree that it's the longest shortest week ever. Here's hoping our Fridays go by quickly :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh wedding cake tasting! How fun!! Easily one of the best parts of wedding planning. That sign is so cute & thanks for the book rec. So glad you enjoyed the Billy Joel concert- what a phenomenal experience! Aww that persevere band is so awesome & the message is so motivating- your determination is contagious! Thanks for sharing, Em. Oh and something I am loving this week- hmmm well I got my first grade back for school & it was good so I am feeling elated & relieved because it really could have gone either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake tasting was definitely a nice perk in wedding planning! I can't wait for our wedding cake now!! Getting a good grade on your first assignment is amazing! It definitely sets you up for a good semester with a positive mood! Good for you!!! :)

      Delete