Friday, June 15, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Happy Happy Friday! Each week has just been getting busier and busier, and I'm not really sure why. Today marks the end of school so subbing is done for me! I have this next week off and then back to work for me. I'm spending the next month or so working as an Assistant Director at my town's recreation program. I'll be teaching arts and crafts which is totally my jam AND my idea of a fun summer! Now onto what you're really here for... my Friday Five! I haven't done things I'm loving in a couple weeks so my list was beginning to grow. You may think all I've been doing is shopping lately because most of my items are things I've bought (or won!) but it's been over a span of a couple weeks... maybe :)

I’ve been loving using my lunch to relax and read, rather than get lost in my phone!
1. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
And honestly, reading in general. I've been trying my hardest to swap screen time with reading so I stop getting sucked into my phone for hours on end. It's been awhile since I've let myself get lost in a good book and Sharp Objects was the book I finally let myself do that. I loved Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn so I knew this had to be good. It had the typical creepy-ish story line with twists and turns that keeps me reading. I'm definitely a fan of these types of books.


2. My New Sandals
I promised myself that this summer I would not torture my feet by wearing flimsy flip-flops. I spend a lot of my summer out and about so I knew I wanted something that I could walk a lot in. After little convincing, I got my little brother to join me at our local outlets to search for the perfect sandals. It wasn't long before I came across these beauties in Famous Footwear. I knew right after I slipped them on that they were exactly what I was looking for! They hold my feet in, have good support, and are super adorable. Oh! And I can walk in these for a long time without them hurting my feet. You can't beat that, right?!


3. Brooks UpRise Crossback Sports Bra
Once it started getting super hot around these parts, I decided that running in a sports bra was probably a good idea (spoiler: I was right!). Since I'm running around areas where people will most likely see me (I'm not a huge fan of people watching me run unless it's a race), I figured I should get some nicer sports bras. I was lucky enough to find a listing on Poshmark for two brand-spanking-new Brooks bras for $30, including shipping! I hopped on that deal right away and was not disappointed when they came in the mail a few days later. Both are the same pattern pictured above, which is no longer sold on the Brooks website, but they do have a lot of other cute patterns! It fits nicely and has a good amount of padding, even though I really don't need that much. I have worn them on a lot of my runs lately and no complaints so far! If you're interested, check this style out here.

I also managed to snag a cute 26.2 headband!

4. Lululemon Shorts
Last week, I attended a Global Running Day event at my local running store. As part of the event, they held a raffle where they raffled off TONS of race entries and running gear. I was lucky enough to snag myself a pair of Lululemon shorts in the Hotty Hot Short II style (I just think the name is hilarious!). They were just handed to my at random so I was thrilled that they were actually my size. I've worn them for a couple runs already and I am SOLD! They are the perfect length for me, have a built in liner which I prefer, and they have a continuous drawstring so it won't come out. The retail price is a bit high for me but if I was willing to put out the money, these would be my shorts of choice! If you're interested in checking them out, click here :)


5. Oregon Chai Sugar Free Chai Tea Latte
As most of you know, I “quit” coffee almost 2 months ago and haven’t looked back since.  I came across this chai tea mix a couple weeks ago at Target and have been hooked since! It’s the perfect coffee replacement in the morning when I feel like I need something other than water. You just mix equal parts of the chai liquid with equal parts milk (it tastes AMAZING in vanilla soy milk), mix it up, and TA-DA! You have a great drink! I’ve been drinking it cold lately but I’m sure eventually I’d heat it up to make it a warm drink. If you’re a chai tea fan then you have to try this out! It’s definitely a cheaper and healthier alternative to a coffee shop chai tea latte.

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. Did you know HBO is coming out with a Sharp Objects limited series? The trailers look awesome!! I still need to read the book though.

    Yes to sports bra running!!! I'm a big fan of it in the summer and the pattern on that sports bra is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check that out! Have you read other Gillian Flynn books? She’s such a good writer!

      It took me so long to finally runnin just a sports bra and man, was I missing out! It takes confidence but when it’s super hot, it’s so worth it!

      Delete