Friday, August 23, 2019

Friday Favorites

After a 3 week hiatus {my longest ever so far in my blogging lifetime}, I’m back!! For those of you who didn’t know, I got married on August 9th and then went to Mexico for my honeymoon. We got back this past Sunday and I’ve been spending this past week adjusting back to my normal routine and attempting to prepare for the school year. I have some blog posts in the works to recap my honeymoon and once all my wedding photos are back, I’ll post a handful of them!

Today is John’s birthday so my weekend will be spent celebrating him! To ease myself back into the blogging world, I’m sharing some things I’ve been loving the past couple weeks.



1. Wedding Photo Sneak Peek
Less than a week after the wedding my photographer posted about 40 pictures on their Facebook page as a sneak peek. Let me just say, I am OBSESSED! They are all amazing and making me even more excited for the rest of the pictures that we will be receiving in a few more weeks. The best part about all of this is that we found our photographer, JM Photography, while perusing The Knot and were drawn in by the amazing pictures for such a reasonable price. After much research, we went with him but as we got closer to the wedding day, I began to worry that our photos would not be as amazing since we didn't pay an arm and a leg. Boy was I wrong!


2. Jergen's Natural Glow
I naturally tan really well but leading up to the wedding, I avoided the sun at all costs to prevent awkward tan lines. This meant early morning runs and strapless tops if I would be outside for a long time, like when we went to his parents pool. A few days before the wedding I was a bit annoyed that I wasn't as tan as I usually was due to my sun avoidance, so I picked up this Jergen's lotion while at Walmart one day. I only used it a handful of times up until the actual morning of the wedding and I was amazed with the glow it gave me! This would be great to use during the winter to give your skin a bit of a glow when it hasn't seen the sun in days.


3. Achievement
I've probably talked about this app before on here, but Achievement is one of those "set it and forget it" apps that gives you points for your activity. After downloading the app and create an account {use my referral link!}, you will be prompted to connect different activity/health apps you have on your phone. I have Apple Health, Garmin, MyFitnessPal, Twitter {health-related tweets give you points!}, and more! From there, Achievement does the work of collecting your data and converting it into points. Once you earn 10,000 points, you get a $10 gift card reward! It takes a good amount of time to earn that many points, about a couple months, but that's no big deal because it's not crazy you have to do. Sometimes there will even be little health articles you can read or surveys you can take to earn more points!

Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a Friday Favorites from you, Em!!! I’ve been on my longest blogging hiatus too- I hear ya! This summer has been oh so busy, huh? And yours for the best of reasons- your wedddding!!! I am nearly speechless at how beautiful you are as a bride. The love between you two is tangible. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am just oh so happy for youuu!

    Jergen’s natural glow is the BEST. Funnily enough I discovered it leading up to my wedding too :)

    I have never heard of achievement, but it sounds AWESOME. Definitely looking into it more! Thanks for sharing! can’t wait to read more about your wedding & hope you had the best time in Mexico :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how much time goes by between each post I make when I feel like it hasn't been so long! Thank you SOOOOO much for all your love! <3

      I was amazed at how well Jergen's works! I can't wait to use it during the winter when my natural tan starts to fade!

      I can't wait to share about our wedding and honeymoon :)

      Delete