Friday, May 1, 2020

Friday Favorites

I honestly can't keep track of the days of the week anymore but I do know that today is Friday! And it's the first day of May?! This is crazy... This week felt extra long for some reason so a weekend feels much needed. As usual, we have nothing planned but I'm sure we will find ways to entertain ourselves! My sister was supposed to run a 10-miler tomorrow but since it's cancelled, we are going to "run" 10 miles together in the morning. I hope you all have a great weekend!


HabitBull App
My sister suggested this app to me awhile ago and I really like it! HabitBull is where you can track the habits you are trying to build in a neat and organized way. You can track up to 5 habits in the free version and are able to really personalize each habit. Most of my habits are set to be completed each day in order to be "successful" but I do have my yoga habit set to be completed 4 times a week in order to be seen as "successful." If there are any habits you are trying to build, try using this app to keep track!


Homemade Tortillas
An Instagram friend of mine shared a recipe for homemade tortillas with me recently and they are to die for! I don't think I can ever go back to using store bought tortillas now! The recipe and process is super simple. 

Combine 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl and stir. Add 2 tbs oil and 3/4 cup warm water and stir until combined. Kneed the dough on a floured surface until it elastic, but not sticky. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes- 2 hours (we usually do 30 minutes cause we are in a rush most nights). Divide into 8 parts, roll each out, and then cook on a frying pan on medium-high heat. Flip once it forms bubbles. Each should only take a few minutes. 

These are so worth it! We save these as our last step in whatever recipe we are making that night so we can eat them hot and fresh!


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

6 comments:

  1. I've wanted to make my own tortillas for a while now but never do ha. I think because by the time I realize I want one, I don't have time to make some haha.

    One thing I'm loving this week is the movie Sully! My anxiety was sky high even though I know it ends well but it's such a good movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always had as well but thought they'd be much more difficult to make. I was so wrong haha. But yeah waiting for the dough to sit and then making them can be a bit time consuming so we have to plan in advance.

      I want to watch that now! It sounds good!

      Delete
    2. I wonder if you could make them on like a Sunday and then have them sit in the fridge until you need it

      Delete
    3. I bet that would work! Then just heat them up when you're ready.

      Delete
    4. I'll have to try that when I finish the tortillas that I have on hand!

      Delete
  2. Aww have a great run tomorrow!!! I’ve never heard of HabitBull, but it sounds awesome- how motivating! YUMM! Homemade tortillas- yes pleeeease! They actually are more simple than I would have guessed to make, will have to try it out sometime. Thanks for sharing, Em - always lovee reading your faves! I know we chatted briefly about the new book I'm reading Educated- it's really interesting so far, and I've just barely started! Gonna try to read for a few more hours this evening :)

    ReplyDelete