Friday, October 30, 2020

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday!! It's been a minute since I've posted on here and that is because life has been a bit crazy for me (when isn't it?!). As a quick recap, my students started in person last Monday, which is going super well but is extremely exhausting! On top of that, last Friday, after a rollercoaster of a week, my grandpop got a liver transplant! I don't share much about it, but he has been sick for awhile now and just in the last few weeks got much worse. This liver came at the perfect time and we are hoping for a good recovery for him! Needless to say, life is wild but it's going.

This weekend (AND the week long break I have next week) is much needed, so I'm eager to jump right into it! Before I sign off, I'm sharing a few things I've been loving this week.


Reusable Ziplocs
These were a Prime Day impulse buy that I was glad worked out! If you're looking for a reusable ziploc bag that won't break the bank like Stasher does, try these out. I bought them in a pack that had 5 snack size, 5 sandwich size, and 2 gallon size bags. They hold up pretty well, the zipper part is easy to open and close, and they're easy to clean! The only downside is they're not dishwasher safe. The number one selling point for me was that I was able to get 12 reusable storage bags at the cost of almost just one Stasher bag! Don't get me wrong, Stasher is great and I have a few, they're just pricey.



Scunci Hosiery Elastics
I've been trying to find a good ponytail holder option lately that won't pull at my hair. I picked these up while in Target last week because they looked like a good choice. They are made out of pantyhose material that won't damage your hair and keep your ponytail in place. I love how soft they are which makes them comfortable to wear on my wrist. I like that they don't leave marks on my wrist after wearing it all day! They come in a pack of 6 for $3 at Target.


Sonoma Super Soft Cardigan
A few years ago, I got this sweater at Kohl's in grey. It has become my go-to sweater that I wear with absolutely everything. I got the idea the other day to look it up to see what other colors it came in. The Kohl's website shows it in white, black, and a light purple. I found it in black on Poshmark last week and now I want to order the light purple one off the Kohl's website to complete my collection. They are so soft, not too thick but still warm, and have pockets! One plus is that they are on the longer side so I can wear them with leggings to work.


Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. Speedy recovery for your grandpa!! I know how scary it can be when a grandparent is sick and has some major surgery.

    I'm all about reusing stuff. I slowly want to get a stash of silicone ziploc bags but I do try to reuse my "single use" bags when possible.

    This week I've been loving a podcast called Anatomy of Murder! It's different since the cases are solved and the hosts are a former deputy sheriff and a former prosecutor so they give it a different twist on their insights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a scary week but he is already showing such great progress!

      I reuse my single use ones when possible, too!

      I'm excited to try that podcast! I'm loving listening to different ones on my way to work.

      Delete