Friday, May 15, 2020

Friday Favorites

TGIF! Today wraps up week 9 of remote teaching. It was a long week of meetings and preparing for the rest of the year. It still hasn't hit me that we won't be returning to school this year but I'm sure it will soon enough. I'm planning to have a relaxed weekend after such a mentally exhausting week. A hot bath and fuzzy socks are calling my name! Today I'm share a few things I've really been loving this week so enjoy and have a great weekend :)


KG Designs Initial Necklace
I have been wanting a necklace with an H on it since John and I got married to represent my new last name. Before Christmas, I did some research and found a lot of good options. I didn't end up getting one so I was super excited when I found out one of my best friends had a friend who made them! I ordered my necklace a few weeks ago and was thrilled when it came in. It was everything I ever wanted. I may never take it off now!

KG Designs makes the most adorable jewelry by hand and I insist you go check out her shop!She offers necklaces, earrings, and rings for spectacular prices. Some of her pieces are even made using recycled materials so that's a winner in my book!


Priority Planner
You will be hearing me talk about this planner for the rest of my life because it is PERFECT! If you don't know Rachel Hollis, author of Girl, Wash Your Face and Girl, Stop Apologizing, then I highly suggest taking some time to peruse her Instagram and website. But anyway, I'm here to rave about her Priority Planner. The Priority Planner is a 3 month planner that helps you map out your days in order to help you achieve your goals. This has been key for me during quarantine due to a lack of schedule and sometimes motivation. I map out each day in my planner to see what needs to be done and when. I am currently working on towards a goal relating to my Poshmark shop and this is helping me tremendously! I feel like my description is not doing this planner any justice, so if this sounds like something up your alley, watch these videos on Rachel's website to get a better idea of what I am trying to convey to you guys!


Belcorva Shorts
Since I'm so in love with my Belcorva capris, I decided to check out their shorts selection as the weather is beginning to warm up. I learned that they sell both biker shorts and running shorts with the pockets I have grown to love. I instantly fell in love with the Runner's Dream 5 Pocket Shorts due to the 5 inch inseam and the fact that the pockets are part of the inner compression liner. Because I wasn't sure if they would be perfect for me and I didn't want to shell out the money before knowing, I hopped on Poshmark and found the exact pair I wanted for a fraction of the price. Now that I've worn them for a couple runs and have confirmed they are just as great as the capris, I plan to order more pairs! They are the perfect length so they don't bunch up and the pockets in the inner liner hold my phone perfect. It's a little annoying that I have to pull up the outer layer to get to the pocket but if anything, it stops me from pulling out my phone constantly!


Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. Biker shorts for running seem like a new trend! I haven't tried them but maybe I should try them out!

    I didn't get a planner this year and now I'm almost glad haha. Nothing fun would be in it. I'll check that planner out though! I do love a good planner.

    This week, I've been kind of chill and not into to much. That might sound weird lol but I just haven't tried a bunch of new things. My mom has been asking me to clean out my bedroom here since I graduated college so now I'm going through it while I watch Dead to Me season 2 on Netflix. Since I'm only watching the show while I clean, it's been good motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like they'd be comfortable!

    I was glad that I picked up a cheapy planner for this year considering I'm really only using it now to keep track of dates for work haha. This planner is a bit different so it's getting used!

    I'm with you on not trying many new things lately. It's kinda hard to with being inside all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good you didn't spend a ton this year on a planner! I never spend much lol but some are so expensive and I wouldn't have been able to justify it at this point in the year.

      It's hard with being inside and when I was going to the grocery store, I wasn't looking at new to me items. Mostly focused on getting things I knew I liked and bought those.

      Delete