Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday Favorites

I've been thinking the past few days that is has been Friday so now that it actually is, HAPPY FRIDAY! Work was super busy this week so a weekend is much needed for me to recharge. I need to close my office door and not think about work until I decide I need to do work on Sunday Monday morning! We have another relaxing weekend ahead of us. Sunday is Mother's Day so we are going to visit bother our moms, social distance style. My sister and I gifted my mom with an at-home Board & Brush painting kit so we are going to Zoom later that night to all do our own boards and drink wine :) I hope you all have a great weekend!



Wasabi Peas
If you've never had or heard of wasabi peas, they are just roasted green peas that are coated in some sort of wasabi coating. These are a snack I've always enjoyed but last week I picked up a huge container of them at BJ's so they've been my go-to all week. They're the perfect mix of crunchy and spicy that satisfies my snacky cravings.

This person went super overboard for this wining! You don't have to do anything more than a bottle of wine but some people are really have fun with it :) I loved this surprise!

Wining
I was invited to a group last week called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Wine that was based out of my area of New Jersey. The idea of the group is that you share your address based on your county and then people go around and "wine" you and then you return the favor to somebody else. I was a little skeptical at first but it's actually a super cute concept and people are really getting into it. I've been "wined" 3 times so far, one of which was by a close friend. I've been gifted some really cool wines that have been fun to try out. I've "wined" one person in my neighborhood so far but I plan on "wining" some fellow teachers this weekend!


Gallo Watermelon Wine
Let's stay on the topic of wine because wine not? I crack myself up... Anyway, my mom surprised me with this wine over the weekend! We are both big Gallo fans due to their sweet flavors and low price. We had found out about the new watermelon flavor through the traveling wine group and both knew we had to try it! My mom beat me to it and found it at a local liquor store which had curbside pick up {what a time to be alive!} so she picked it up before delivering it to me. It's the perfect blend of sweet and watermelon flavor. Not too overpowering on either end which was good! Highly recommend!


Question of the Day: What is one thing you've been loving this week?

4 comments:

  1. An at home wine and paint kit is such a good idea! I hope you all enjoy your zoom class.

    I would not think watermelon wine would be good. Granted I love watermelon juice so it's probably similar but that's a really unique flavor of wine!

    This week I've been loving this murder mystery game on my phone. It's addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't have a strong watermelon flavor, it's almost an aftertaste of it (that sounds weird but true lol) so it's good! I was surprised I liked it. Gallo wines are usually strongly fruity and sweet so this was a change.

      A murder mystery game?! That sounds so fun!

      Delete
    2. I kind of get what you mean by an aftertaste!

      It's SO fun haha. It reminds me of the Nancy Drew computer games my sister, neighbors and I played growing up. I'm just glad you can't play endless and need energy to do things otherwise I'd be on my phone way more playing it.

      Delete
    3. My best friend and I loved the Nancy Drew computer games growing up! She had them and it was always a huge deal when we were allowed on the computer to play them when I was over!

      Delete