Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! For once, this week didn't seem to drag on too much. Maybe it's because students are coming back into the building on Monday so we've been working nonstop to prepare? Who knows, but I'm not complaining! We don't have anything officially on the agenda for this weekend but we've been talking about a few different things to get ourselves out and moving. As much as I love a lazy weekend, I do like to do a couple things to feel like I actually had a weekend come Sunday night. Here are a few things I've been loving this week!


Sharpie S-Gel Pens
I am an office supply obsessed teacher so when I saw some people sharing these pens on TikTok lately, I knew I had to have a pack. At almost $6 for a pack of 5, it took some internal convincing in the school supply office at Target to finally splurge on the pack (treat yo' self!). Let me tell you, they are worth the hype and the price! They write so smoothly, have a comfortable grip, and do not smear, which was the selling point for me. I bought the medium point size and I feel like that is the perfect thickness for me.


Olay Daily Facial Wipes
I received a free sample of these in the grapeseed extract version and knew once I tried it, I needed to buy a whole pack. I ended up buying the sensitive skin version when I went to pick them up at target but I believe both are great. These cleansing wipes do the work of a cleanser, make up remover, toner, scrub AND a mask! To use these, you wet the cloth with water and then scrub it all over your face. It makes such a nice lather and leaves my skin so smooth once I rinse it off. I've been using these on nights when I am way too lazy to do my full nighttime routine.


Pumpkin Spice Granola
You didn't think I'd post a Friday Favorites without a pumpkin spice related item, did you? I picked up this granola at Aldi when I saw it was nut-free. I've been snacking on it plain all week but I bet it would taste amazing in yogurt. It's hard to explain, but I think the texture is a little different than most granola I've tried. Almost a little softer than usual but still crunchy, if that makes sense. The flavor isn't too pumpkin-y and there are even pumpkin seeds mixed in to cut the sweetness down.


Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving this week?

4 comments:

  1. It's so funny how pens can seem expensive but once you find your pen then the price is worth it haha. I love finding the perfect pens!

    This week, I've been loving closing my work laptop lol. I'm in this design thinking training and it just fries my brain (only 2.5 hours a day so it's not that long) but my brain does not work they way they want us too. It could also be that we're coming up with ideas for fabric care which is what I actually do so I think too logically about some of the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! I now have this pen and then InkJoy gels in purple as my go-to pens!

      Just the title of that training sounds exhausting! I'm sure it's interesting, though! Nothing feels better than closing your laptop after staring at a screen for so long!

      Delete
    2. I was about to say I don't know the pens that I like but I have multiple in front of me. It's the Bic Velocity! Big fan since they write smooth and I can color code easily.

      It's interesting but my issue is that they want us to be very open to ideas and not limit ourselves. Except I work on fabric care daily and know what can and can be made from a packaging stand point haha. When I was talking to my boss about how it was going, he was like yeah that sucks you work on what they want you to come up with a creative idea for. But today is basically the last day - woohoo!

      Delete
    3. Oooh gotta love a good pen!

      You must be so ready for this weekend! I can't imagine trying to think outside the box for something you know so much about already.

      Delete