Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Self-Care Ideas

It's no secret that life has been a bit rough lately for some people. Personally, remote teaching has me stressed beyond the max most days. After spending the first few weeks of school feeling like I was going to go insane, I started to really focus on myself with some self-care. Self-care can be so many different things to each person. I have been compiling a list in my journal over the past week or so of things that I can do for self-care. My plan is to eventually write these ideas on popsicle sticks and start a self-care jar! Today I am sharing a portion of my list with you that might help you start writing your own list of things that personally make you feel happier.

  • Go for a walk
  • Curl up with a cozy blanket and read a book
  • Do a face mask (Pinterest has some DIY ones!)
  • De-clutter a room or area

Wine pairs well with a bubble bath!

  • Take a bubble bath
  • Deep breathing or yoga
  • Journal
  • Watch a movie
  • Do a crossword or Sodoku puzzle
  • Find a healthy new recipe to try


  • Bake your favorite treat
  • Unplug for a set amount of time (if you have an iPhone, utilize the screen time setting!
  • Cross something off your to do list that has been on there for awhile
  • Try a new exercise video
  • List all of your positive qualities (start with the prompt "I am..." and just let the positivity flow!)
  • Listen to a podcast or music


  • Give yourself a manicure
  • Catch up on a favorite blog
  • Sit outside
  • Meditate
  • Make a bucket list
  • Have a 1-person dance party!
  • Start a list of your favorite quotes
  • Take a nap
  • Go window shopping
  • Take some time to stretch your body

Question of the Day: What is something you would add to your self-care list?

4 comments:

  1. I love online window shopping haha. It's easier to stop myself from buying some stuff (says the person who made a big purchase yesterday and will be making another today but I swear they are good purchases lol).

    1 person dance parties are so fun! Sometimes Bailey will jump up and want to be included which is cute.

    Lately I've been more diligent with my skincare so a face 2 times a week and this overnight peel I bought a few times as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't help that it's Prime Day, haha. I've definitely made a few purchases over the last day or so because of that. Is that where you did some shopping?

      Yesss to skincare! I'm trying to do face masks throughout the week as well. Do you use the Aztec mask? I've also finally nailed down a good morning routine with skincare. It makes me feel good first thing in the morning!

      Delete
    2. So I'm kind of sketched out by Amazon recently, I haven't heard great stories so I'm not really into it haha. But I did buy a Roomba yesterday since the deal was just too good. With so many purchases coming up, I bought it through Amazon since I didn't see a similar price elsewhere.

      In the past I have! I haven't repurchased since I'm trying to go through products I have before I buy new ones. Makes me feel better to buy stuff since then I'll know what I like and what I don't without having a lot of clutter.

      Delete
    3. Oooh I don't buy off Amazon much but now I want to search around to see what people are saying. A Roomba is an amazing purchase! We got one when we moved out and I seriously love it. We have it scheduled to run once a week but have to remember to pick up some cat toys before it runs because otherwise it eats any with strings haha.

      I'm with you on trying to go through products! I am like that with body scrubs and body washes. I won't buy any new ones until I finish most of the half-used ones I have.

      Delete