Friday, October 9, 2020

Friday Favorites

 Hello & Happy Friday! I'm finishing up this week on a tired note. I have nothing on my agenda for the weekend so I'll be getting the rest I need! The teacher-tired feeling has been so real this year but I am doing my best to take time for myself, especially over the weekend. I hope you are taking time for yourself this weekend or doing something fun out in this beautiful fall weather! Before I power through this FriYAY, I'm sharing a few things I'm loving this week.


Fairlife Nutrition Plan Shakes
My mom mentioned these shakes to me last week so when I went to BJ's over the weekend, I picked us up some to try! I originally went intending to just get the chocolate flavor, but when I saw they also had vanilla, I grabbed that, too. I'm so happy I made the last minute decision to grab the vanilla because it's my favorite! With 30g of protein, this has been the perfect breakfast for me all week. I typically eat my breakfast once I get to work so a shake is the easiest option. Like all the Fairlife products I've tried, these shakes have an amazing flavor and are perfectly creamy. Both flavors taste like a milkshake!


PainCakes
I've seen these all over Instagram for a few years now, so when I saw them in the special buy section of my local Aldi, I knew I had to grab a pack (or two!). PainCakes come in 3 different sizes: large, mini, and a wrap (which I just learned about after some Googling). I grabbed one large and one mini, which comes with 2. PainCakes are ice packs that stick to your skin so you don't have to hold it there the whole time. I tried out one of the minis on my elbow the other day, after I stupidly hit it on something, and it was great! It stayed in place the whole time and made it so I could do some stuff around the house while it was on. Once you're done using the PainCake you just put the little cover back on the sticky part and throw it back in the freezer because they're reusable!


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. I've actually never had Fairlife products before (probably because it's pricey and I drink milk quickly haha) but those protein drinks look like awesome things to have on hand! I bet it would be good as liquid in smoothies too.

    This week I've been loving They Went Left! Technically I read it over the weekend but it's a good book! Set after World War II it follows a Holocaust survivor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their milk was on sale awhile ago so I picked it up to try it. That was a mistake because now I really like it but won't buy it unless it's on sale! I don't drink it too much so that works for me. John drinks milk super quickly so I won't buy it for him haha. My mom and I were talking about making some sort of smoothie or milkshake with them!

      That book sounds sooo interesting! I'll have to see if my library has it!

      Delete
  2. Haha that's why I don't know if I could try it! I feel like I would get hooked.

    ReplyDelete