Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Day in my Life

Happy Wednesday! I honestly thought yesterday was Thursday so as you can see, my whole week is thrown off. I don't think I've ever posted a day in my life so I figured what better day to do it than yesterday, the last official day of school for my students!


I started my day off as I usually do with a 6 am run around my neighborhood. 


I straightened up the kitchen afterwards and then gave myself a dipped manicure to celebrate the {almost} start of summer!


My first grade class had our last class Google Meet for the year which called for dressing up!


I headed out right after the meeting to go finish up some things in my classroom. I dropped off some thank you cards for my students along the way.


Of course I stopped for an iced coffee along the way! It was an odd feeling leaving the school for the summer.


I ended up going to my parents house for lunch after being at the school. No pictures were taken but we just relaxed and had burgers for lunch! Along the way I stopped at a Little Free Library for a new book.


I convinced John to go on a walk with me when he got home from work. It was gorgeous out!


We saw baby ducks along the golf course!


For dinner we made burrito bowls in the Instant Pot. One of our favorite meals since it is super simple and quick!


After dinner, we watched some Grey's Anatomy and hung out before going to bed.


Question of the Day: Do you have any summer plans yet?

4 comments:

  1. If the little intro doesn't sum up quarantine then I'm not sure what does lol. Sometimes I only know the day of the week because of work.

    Your manicure looks great! Burrito bowls are awesome meals. So customizable too since the meat and beans could also be used for a taco salad or tacos.

    This summer we have a beach trip planned that starts in less than a month (not that I'm counting or anything ;) and it'll be so nice to just sit at a house on the beach for a week and not look at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a surprise for myself each morning when I look at the date on my phone because I'm usually thinking it's a different day haha.

      Thank you! We love making the burrito bowls and then having leftovers to use during the week!

      A beach trip sounds amazing! Are you going to a Jersey beach? I'm hoping to get in at least one day on the beach. We are going up the Poconos next week which I am excited for! I told John I'll feel like I'm at a resort in another country after being stuck in the same house for 3 months lol.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha I can't even keep track of the dates either. That's a crap shoot for me.

      Leftovers are the BEST haha. Not having to cook every meal is the greatest.

      No, Virginia Beach! My mom's side of the family rented a house and I'm so excited. That'll be so nice to get away to the Poconos! Do you go on a lake or just hang out in the woods.

      Delete
  2. So glad that school is done for the year. Any news yet on the next school year? I also love that you got to get a dunkin' treat on your last day! Now, to make that a regular occurrence as it is this SUMMER after all! I wish I was going to be going on a trip this summer but that really ISN'T in the budget! :(
    Can't wait for you to share about your trip to the Poconos! <3

    ReplyDelete