Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday Favorites

Another Friday, another list of things I've been loving! This week went by super slowly for me for some reason so I'm pretty pumped that it is actually Friday now! We have yet another chill weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow we are planning to have a window date with our nephews since Joey turned 1 yesterday! We may also try and have some sort of indoor date night either tonight or tomorrow. Other than that, you can find me relaxing :) I hope you all have something nice planned for the weekend!



Brookside Crunchy Clusters
Some of my coworkers arranged a "booze fairy" thing where we took turns "boozing" one another. The person who boozed me last week really spoiled me! Along with the booze, she also gave me some snacks, one of which were these Brookside Crunchy Clusters. They are a mix of crispy pieces and chewy berries covered in dark chocolate. They are dangerously good! It's took everything in me not to finish the whole bag in one sitting.


Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Kya Clark is a quiet girl who has survived for years alone in the marsh that she calls home. She is referred to as the "Marsh Girl" by everyone in the nearby town and is pointed to as the suspect when Chase Andrews, a well-known man, is found dead. The book intertwines two separate timelines that follow along with Kya's life as well as the murder case of Chase. 

This book was really hyped up for me by many people so I was happy when I got my hands on it. It wasn't a book I'd normally pick up on my own but I am so glad I got around to reading it. I was hooked from the beginning and stayed up late one night because I couldn't stop reading until I knew what really happened!


Our Patio Project
Awhile back John found a pin on Pinterest for a really cool lighting project we could do for our patio that used the string lights I'm obsessed with. We live in a townhouse so we lack a backyard where we can do cool stuff so our patio has to do. John and his dad worked on it for a few days but it may have been able to be done all in one day if they chose the fast setting cement. First we bought pretty barrel planters which they put 8 foot posts in and then set them in with cement. Once that set, we put soil in the planters which later we planted some pretty flowers in. The final step was to drill in hooks near the top and hang the lights! It was a fairly simple project and looks amazing on our back patio both during the day and at night! We have already spent many nights sitting out there and relaxing.


Question of the Day: What is something your loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. Brookside makes such good snacks! I haven't seen those before though so now I'll have to look.

    Your patio looks awesome!! The plantar barrels are cute with the floors as a good "disguise" for the poles.

    One thing I'm loving this week is these no show socks I picked up at Target! I needed new ones and these are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! Borderline addictive haha.

      Thank you!! I wasn't too sure how this would all turn out but I was pleasantly surprised that it actually looks great!

      Thanks for the sock recommendation because the ones I have aren't doing too well lately. Although I just realized I've had them since high school so that may be why.. haha.

      Delete
  2. I freaking love your patio. I have had a bit of a crazy week BUT I would have to say the one thing I am loving this week is the fact that I have found the recipe for make at home caribou cold brew coffee. I will be testing out the recipe tomorrow! 🧊 + ☕ = ❤

    ReplyDelete