Friday, June 29, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I'm Loving This Week

Wow, Friday got here quick! This was my first week at camp and boy was it a busy one. On top of that, I was out pretty much every evening this week, keeping me from getting anything done at home (such as writing this post haha). Tonight we are heading out the Lancaster for a yummy dinner and then tomorrow morning we'll be on our way down the shore for the weekend. Needless to say, we'll be on the go for a bit! Luckily it'll be a relaxing weekend at the beach! Now on with our typical Friday program... the 5 things I'm loving this week! I hope you enjoy the list and have a great weekend!

My most recent Voxbox!

1. Influenster
If you have never heard of Influenster you need to go here and sign up like, now! You have the chance of getting some awesome complimentary items to try out in exchange for reviews and some social media promotion. It's easy peasy! They almost always send full size items so it's totally worth it! I've gotten a ton of different items from foundation to a razor to various hair products. These are all products I'd never put out the money for without trying, and now that I've had the chance to try them for free, I would continue buying the product. Many products from my VoxBoxes (that's what they call the packages you receive) have turned into a product I use every day. Sign up and check it out at the link above!

2. Reusable Straws
I'm all about saving the environment so I hopped on the reusable straw train quickly. I have always used reusable stuff, such as water bottles, so it wasn't really something I'd ignore. A couple months back I got my first Tervis mug and I LOVE it! The only downside is that they don't come with a straw included and the Tervis brand ones are a bit pricey. I don't like stainless steel so I began my search for nice plastic ones that come with a straw brush. I finally came across the perfect straws at Walmart. They come with 4 in a pack and also a straw brush, all for under $3! They're perfect! You can get the same ones here.


3. Sprinklers
The best part of a hot summer run is coming across a beautiful sprinkler that you can run through! As the summer goes on, I will start to memorize where the sprinklers in my area are and plan my routes accordingly. I love running through a sprinkler when I feel like I can't run anymore due to heat. It gives me a major power boost!

4. Piper Wai Natural Deodorant
Race expos almost always result in a ton of free samples. Some useful, some end up in the trash or given away. At the Philadelphia Marathon expo back in November, I was given a sample of Piper Wai Natural Deodorant. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after using it for a couple months, I'm hooked! It's made with activated charcoal which keeps you from getting that icky wet feeling

Apparently I need more friends on here... haha.
5. Goodreads
Since I've been on a reading kick lately, I decided to hop back on my Goodreads account. I hadn't been on in YEARS so it was cool to see which books I had on my want to read list. I've also been adding tons of books to that list so going to the library is quick. If you have an account and want to see what I'm reading, search for Emily Christman! I'm not sure if there is a username or whatever so hopefully that works :)

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. Girl be my friend on Goodreads! I'm going to look you up now haha. This week, I've been loving blueberries. The pints I picked up at the grocery store were delicious. I really have my fingers crossed, I'll find some sprinklers on my run today... Jealous you have so many around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neighborhood we live in with John’s parents has so many! But they all have nice lawns so I guess that makes sense haha. Blueberries have been great recently! I keep picking them and strawberries up :) yes find me on Goodreads!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find you! I'm also the worst at finding people lol Goodreads doesn't make it very easy. The only Emily Christman that shows up is in Utah which I don't think is you.

      Here's my page so maybe that'll help us become friends? https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9043344-maureen

      Delete