Sunday, October 28, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 15

W15D1: REST DAY

W15D2: Easy Run
I really thought I felt good enough to go do a speed run but that obviously didn’t happen... 2 miles in and I was DONE!

W15D3: REST DAY

W15D4: REST DAY

W15D5Easy Run
My schedule was a bit messed up this week, which lead me to a 3 mile treadmill run on a Friday night. I usually try to avoid the treadmill so any run over a mile is a huge accomplishment to me!

W15D6: REST DAY

W15D7: 13.1 mile long run

Total Weekly Mileage: 18.1 miles
I may have focused on recovery a little bit too much this week... I felt completely fine after Sunday’s 20 miles but I still started the week out with a not so strong run. This cold definitely has turned me into a whimp lately! I ended the week strong with a half marathon PR! 13.1 miles at a 10:15 pace (2:14:16) which is about 5 WHOLE MINUTES faster than my previous record. Needless to say, it ended up being a good week!

4 comments:

  1. When you told me you set a half marathon PR on your long run, I didn't realize it was 5 minutes! That's insane Emily! Setting PRs during training runs is always so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's funny is that I set my last PR during my 20 miler last weekend! I guess resting during the week helped me out. It definitely helps make the training feel ever more productive!

      Delete
    2. I know! You've been killing it with the PRs recently. Maybe this means that you'll get a PR during the race

      Delete