Monday, October 1, 2018

Marathon Training: Week 11

W11D1: Speed Intervals Easy 3 miles
This started as a speed workout. After I nailed my first 1600 I could feel pain creeping into my ankle so I switched to an easy pace. Can't risk injury this far into training!

W11D2: REST DAY

W11D3: REST DAY 

W11D4: Mid Tempo Run (9:39 pace goal) 4 easy miles
If you couldn't tell, I'm beginning to give up on a pace goal...

W11D5: REST DAY 

W11D6:  REST DAY 

W11D7: 16 mile long run

Total Weekly Mileage: 23 miles
Don't be fooled by all those "rest days." Most of those days were spent moving more stuff and lifting more than I probably would have if I'd actually made it to the gym. I'm pretty sure between work and house stuff, I was busier than the week we actually moved in. Anywho, I still got some good mileage in and ran my 16 miler this week faster than last week's 16 miler! Like I've said before, I've pretty much thrown my pace goal out the window and am now focusing on getting through this training cycle alive and uninjured! I'll try to do a marathon training/life update this week to keep everyone up to speed as to what my life has been like these past few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. It was smart to give up on your speed workout pace goal on Monday when you felt something in your ankle!

    Way to go on running your 16 miler faster this week than last week. That's awesome! You can still try to hit your goal, there's plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing everything at this point to keep my ankle in check! I had tendinitis in my ankle and had to wear a boot for part of my first marathon training. I'll do anything to prevent that again haha.

    It's crazy how far yet close the marathon feels. Like I still feel like I can redeem myself but then sometimes I'm feeling like the marathon is so soon and this is it for me.

    ReplyDelete