Friday, March 13, 2020

Friday Favorites

What a week this has been! There has been so much going on with work and preparing for possible school closures due to the CoronaVirus. We actually have a full day in-service today to prepare lessons in the event that we close school. Craziness! Luckily, I have a somewhat relaxing weekend ahead of me to recover from such a long week. I plan to get some running and working out in along with disinfecting my house :) I hope you have a great weekend!


I'm pretty sure I've shared about Built Bars in the past but I just have to share this new flavor because it is delicious! Built bars are bars that are high in protein, only 110 calories, and have an amazing taste. The outside coating is chocolate so you feel like you are eating candy. The s'mores flavor is new and one of the few flavors with a milk chocolate coating. The taste is as close to a s'mores flavor as I think possible or at least I think so. They are only available online but often offer awesome deals, so keep an eye out for them!


Gummi Fun Mix Sour Party
This has been quite a week and after my second trip to the grocery trip in less than 2 days, I somehow found myself down the candy aisle where this candy jumped into my cart. I'm a sucker for sour gummy candy so a mixed variety of just that sounded perfect. I snacked on a few of them before my run the other day (balance, right?!) and had to stop myself from eating the whole bag. I think I'm loving these a lot because of the fact that there are so many different varieties of the candy in the bag. Plus the sourness is spot-on!


Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a Built Bar. I do love having good bars on hand so I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    This is technically cheating since it's from last week but I loved the book The Sun Does Shine. It's a nonfiction story about a wrongfully convicted African American man in Alabama. He describes how he found a way to actually live and make a home on death row. Nonfiction isn't usually my jam but I loved this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Built Bars are not your typical protein bar but they are soooo good!

      That book sounds so interesting! I love finding a good nonfiction book :)

      Delete