Friday, March 20, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! Wow, so much has happened since last Friday's post. You may have noticed that there wasn't a marathon training update on Monday. As you might've guessed, my marathon in April was cancelled due to COVID-19. While I'm still processing my feelings for that, I 100% understand that it was the best decision in order to keep everyone healthy. If anything, this may have been a blessing in disguise as I've had some hamstring pain the past couple weeks.

Anyway, like most of you, I am working from home! Teaching from home is a bit strange, but it's going. It's been pretty nice to not have to get up and drive somewhere each morning. I've also been completing a lot of tasks on my "home to-do list" throughout the week. 

It's a random selection, but today I am sharing some things I've been loving this week with you!


I've had my eye on these for awhile and finally picked up a bag while doing some last minute shopping at Target. With only 3g of sugar, I wasn't sure if these would be as sweet as I'd like but to my surprise, they are! They're sweet without being overly sweet like some gummy candies can be. My favorite part is that they don't leave a weird after taste in my mouth like sugar-free gummies do. I just wish more came in a package :)


With all the gyms closed, at home workouts are a must right now. I spent the beginning of this week doing the workouts I knew while also scouring the internet for new ideas. I was thrilled when Maureen posted this on Wednesday because it is a compiled list of all the workouts she enjoys doing so I know they're good. I've already done a few to help keep myself moving and they are great! I highly recommend checking out this list for your next at-home sweat sesh!


This may be my weirdest Friday Favorite to date but hear me out! When we first moved out, my grandparents insisted we take their carpet cleaner. We used it to carpet clean all the carpeting downstairs but really didn't feel like doing upstairs. It's been collecting dust in our garage since that day while a stain on our guest room carpet has been nagging the crap out of me. I finally decided on Wednesday to take a break from teaching and carpet clean our guest room and remove that stain once and for all! The carpet cleaner is super simple to use and is very similar to just vacuuming your carpet. I was done fairly quickly but had to wait a few hours for it to fully dry. The one I linked above seems to be the newest version of the one I have, but I'm sure they have good cheaper options!

Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving lately?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my post! It was like I subconsciously knew my building was going to close the gym ha. I'll definitely be referring to that a lot moving forward.

    That was so nice of your grandparents to give you their carpet cleaner. I feel like eventually we might buy one depending on what the flooring a future house is. In our old apartment it was all carpet minus the kitchen and small little spot near the door. We rented a carpet cleaner from Home Depot and was shocked at how much dirty and junk it pulled up!

    I'm totally with you on my house to do list shrinking. I feel like every afternoon I grab my computer and carry it around while I clean. One day I organized the bathroom cabinets and it looks so much better.

    This week I've been loving no commute!! Since it's such a dark time I'm trying to find the positives in the situation and no commute is my favorite thing. I get to sleep in and I'm very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a bummer your gym closed but luckily there are sooo many workouts to choose from! I like that a lot don't require equipment!

      I didn't really appreciate the carpet cleaner up until this week and now I am so happy they gave it to us! It's amazing how much dirt it pulls up. I didn't think our guest room carpet was that bad until I saw the difference afterwards. I am ready to do the rest of the house now!

      No commute is definitely a positive during all this! It's nice to not have to get up and get going right away.

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness so many are no equipment workouts!

      You have plenty of time to do the rest of the house. I said peoples homes will never be cleaner or more organized haha.

      It really is! I like that even if I wake up late and start the day in my workout clothes I don't have to worry about anyone smelling me lol

      Delete