Friday, July 10, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! While each day feels like a Friday to me, I still look forward to the real Friday at the end of the week. We don't have anything on the agenda for this weekend yet but I'm sure we'll figure something out. Depending on the weather, maybe we will relax at his parent's pool. I'm not a pool person at all but lately it has been a nice escape. Before I get into full-on Friday mode, I'm sharing some things I've been loving this week!


Dawn was a woman who never thought she  would ever want to run, let alone actually run a marathon. She shares her experience, from the moment she signed up until the actual day of the marathon, in the most fun and entertaining way possible. Along with tips about gear, fueling, and motivation, she shares her honest thoughts throughout the process, which can make the experience a lot more bearable and fun.

I've had this book on my shelf for years and finally picked it up to read between the non-fiction books I've been reading. It had me laughing from beginning to end because Dawn was just so freakin' relatable. Although I'm a 4x marathon runner, I still found some of her tips interesting and definitely enjoyed reading her point of view on certain topics. Something I found funny was that it had a handful of low ratings on Goodreads from people who were mad that this wasn't a legitimate marathon training guide when I was honestly shocked on how informative this was while also being hilarious. I'm not sure how one would mistake this for a hardcore training guide when it says "get off your butt and on with your training" right on the cover, but maybe that's just me haha.



Back in the beginning of quarantine (can you believe that was almost 4 months ago?!), I decided I wanted to treat myself to a new sweatshirt since I was spending a majority of my time in my office, which can get chilly. After many days of searching and thinking way too into it, I finally stumbled across an Etsy shop called This One Life that made customized sweatshirts using my favorite sweatshirt brand, Bella + Canvas. I reached out to the owner on Instagram and she was an absolute angel with helping me design my custom sweatshirt that would have "marathoner" embroidered on it. It took awhile to come in since it was handmade and then shipped from Canada, but I was so thrilled once it arrived that I didn't even care. The quality of the sweatshirt along with the embroidering is amazing! I love that "marathoner" is stitched into the fabric and not a screen print since it will last much longer. I've been wearing it nonstop since receiving it! It's perfect for this slightly chilly summer nights because it isn't extremely heavy. I highly suggest checking out her shop if you're in the market for a new sweatshirt that is amazing quality for a reasonable price!



Palmolive Soft Touch Dish Soap
Total adult moment over, but I had to open a new bottle of dish soap the other day and it was the first time in years that I was using something other than Dawn Hand Renewal with Olay. I'm picky with any type of soap because my eczema can be irritated so easily. This was the perfect replacement for my Dawn because it is just as gentle on my skin while also thoroughly cleaning my dishes. My favorite thing about it is the scent, Aloe + Citrus. It is so light and pleasant that it almost makes washing dishes enjoyable... almost.


Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving lately?

2 comments:

  1. That sweatshirt is so adorable! Do you mind me asking what size you ordered it in? I think I'm going to need to get one of my own ... maybe with a stitched house and the word "new home" on it! ;)
    I also LOVE that dishsoap too! I don't hand wash dishes very much (thank you dishwasher) but when I do I always grab my palmolive! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered it in a small and it fits well! It's not too tight but also not really baggy. Perfectly in the middle! haha. That would be sooo nice :)
      I do have a dishwasher but hand wash certain things (or when I'm too lazy to empty the dishwasher haha) and this is perfect!

      Delete