Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday Favorites

Hey everyone! It's hard to believe we are already nearing the end of July. Summer is really flying by for me! I've been finding ways to keep myself busy without working this summer which has been nice. I've been spending a lot of time with my sister and nephews lately and let me tell you, those boys can really tire an auntie out! I'm not sure what is on the agenda for this weekend yet, but I'm sure John and I will figure something out. Before I log off for the weekend, I'm sharing a few things I've been loving lately. I hope you all have a great weekend and stay cool :)


Being home 99% of the time means I don't have much of an excuse to stop for Dunkin' iced coffee and I really shouldn't be spending all that money anyway. After doing some research, I found this super reasonably priced ($12.99!) cold brew maker at Target. It's simple to use and makes brewing your own cold brew a breeze. To make a pot of cold brew coffee, you use the scoop that is included to scoop your coffee grounds into the pot and then add water. I use 1 cup of water for every scoop (it seems to be about a tablespoon). Once you have the water and coffee grounds mixed, you put the regular lid on and pop it in the fridge for 12-24 hours. Once you're ready to drink it, you put on the lid with the plunger for pressing down the grounds. It's just like a French press! I've been making a pot of it in on Sunday or Monday and drinking it throughout the week. I even add in some fun flavor syrups so it feels like I'm at a coffee shop!


A few weeks ago I was part of some online Facebook party for my friend who sells Usborne books. She was partnered up with a consultant for Jordan Essentials, which is a skincare line. With my history of horrible skin, I was intrigued with the items. I caved and bought they most popular item, and the product that launched this business, a lotion bar! I chose the Lavender & Eucalyptus scent and it's divine! It's about the size of a bar of some and does so many things such as moisturize your hands, heal cracked heels, and more. It comes in a tin to store it in, which means I've been taking it everywhere with me. It uses beeswax and coconut oil (along with other oils) to help moisturize. My skin has been loving it!


I received this in an Influenster box a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure about it at first because it's just a refresh and renewing spray but I've come to be obsessed with it! Just like I said, it's used to refresh and renew your face whenever you feel like it's needed. I've been using it in the morning and other times throughout my day to feel and it really does make me feel a bit better.. It also smells super nice! Surprisingly, my face has seemed more clear since I started using it! I'm not sure if this spray is really the cause of it, but if so, score! 

Question of the Day: What have you been loving lately?

3 comments:

  1. A lotion bar sounds amazing for travel! Plus coming in a tin is a big bonus. That spray sounds great. I have something similar but I need to find it an pull it out.

    This week I've been loving the podcast Missing in Alaska! It's about two congressmen in Alaska who's plane disappeared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always seen refreshing sprays but never tried one. Glad I finally did!

      That sounds like an interesting podcast! You always find good ones!

      Delete
    2. I should really try it! It would be perfect for hot days.

      It's really good!

      Delete