Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Using Nuun in More Than Water!

As most of you know, I'm a huge fan of Nuun Hydration (and hydration in general, but that's a topic for another post!) and am even a 2nd year ambassador for them. With the extreme heat wave Jersey has been experiencing lately, I've been trying to get creative with my hydration game. Adding Nuun tabs to my water throughout the day definitely helps make staying hydrated a bit easier, but lately I started thinking outside the box. What if I could incorporate Nuun into some fun summertime treats? Today I'm sharing three ideas I've tried and loved!


Nuun Slushie
This has to be my new favorite post-long run treat! This recipe can be altered in so many different ways but for now I will share how I made it. I dissolved 2 strawberry lemonade tabs in 16 oz of water. Once they fully dissolved, I combined that with a handful of frozen strawberries in my blender. Next I blended it then enjoyed! Super simple. Like I said before, there are an endless amount of ways you could alter this, from the amount of water or number of Nuun tabs to the flavor of Nuun or frozen fruit added. The key to it being the slushie consistency is for the fruit to be frozen but I'm sure you could add in some ice cubes if your fruit isn't frozen.


Nuun Jello
This idea came from a fellow Nuun Ambassador on our Facebook group and it's super simple to make! Make your Jello following the directions on the box, but dissolve a tab or two of Nuun into the cold water that is added at the end. Like the slushie, this recipe can be altered so many ways as the flavor combinations of Jello and Nuun are endless! The number of Nuun tabs can be changed based off how strong you want the flavor to be. When I first made it I used strawberry Jello and strawberry kiwi Nuun- so good! I just made it this past weekend using cherry Jello and Kona Cola Nuun which may be my new favorite combination.


Nuun Ice Pops
With all my hot runs lately, I knew I needed to come up with a refreshing treat for after a run that was quick and easy.  My idea was a Nuun popsicle! Once again, this is another simple recipe. Dissolve 1-2 Nuun tabs for every cup of water you're going to use (my ice pop mold only held 1 cup total), pour the Nuun into any ice pop mold, then freeze! I've been loving having one after a really hot run. If I don't feel like finishing it, I just drop the remainder of the ice pop in a glass of water to cool down my water and add a little bit of flavor. My favorite flavor for these is Fresh Lime since it's so refreshing!


Question of the Day: Which of these recipes are you going to try first?

2 comments:

  1. I just saw a Nuun post on IG where they made Nuun ice cubes. I thought it was genius! Use the same flavor if your cup and you've got a giant Nuun to dip on haha. I like the idea of a slushsie too .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that's a genius idea! Perfect for these hot days. The slushie is so delicious!

      Delete