Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Coastal Delaware Marathon Training Week 12


Happy Tuesday! We got back late from Rhode Island on Sunday night so I figured this post could hold off until today. This week was a tough one. While it start out strong with some strength training and solid runs, I ended up with some pretty nasty knee pain towards the end of the week. I made the executive decision to skip my long run over the weekend. It was already going to be hard to fit in while in Rhode Island so this made it easier. I figured I’ve put following my training plan super closely the past 12 weeks and one missed workout wouldn’t kill me. This gave me the chance to really explore the area and I even squeezed in an easy 3 mile run by the bay!

Monday: strength training


Tuesday: 4 miles

Wednesday: REST


Thursday: 4 miles with strides at the end

Friday: REST {left for Rhode Island}



Saturday: 3 miles + TONS of walking


Sunday: REST {left to head home to NJ}

Weekly Total: 11 miles

Question of the Day: Do you like to run while on a vacation?

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen an orthopedic for your knee yet? I'm so hyper aware of knee pain now that'd I hate for you to have a bad race because of it. Learn from my mistake lol.

    Running on vacation depends. When we were in Germany in 2019 I did not run since 1) it would've taken up too much space in my bag 2) I didn't know if the hotels had gyms (tbh I still don't know if they did) and 3) our days were PACKED with exploring - and beer hehe - so it was the last thing on my mind. But when we went to Vermont last summer I did run since it was much more low key and relaxed since we just hung around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am calling right after work! I found one near me that only has night hours which is perfect for my job. I just hope I can heal before my marathon but who knows.

      I'm the same way with running on vacation! I love running in a new place but I won't ruin a trip over it.

      Delete
    2. You have a month so if you get in soon then you should be okay!

      That's exactly how I feel. There's more to life than running so if I'm somewhere new I don't stress about it.

      Delete
  2. Hey Em! I have been suffering with knee pain this season too- I did switch my shoes up which helped a TON. I’m sure you are on that shoe rotation, but just in caseeee sometimes new shoes/inserts make all the difference. For our sakes I am just praying praying praying these marathons don’t start getting cancelled. I will be devastated. To answer your question- YES! I actually enjoy vacation runs the most because it’s fun to explore a new area and also builds up an extra appetite to explore allll the food too. Have a great rest of the week- can't wait to catch up on more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the process of getting it checked out so I am hoping to have answers soon! I'm thinking about buying some new shoes though, just to be safe :) My friend and I are so worried our marathon will be cancelled. I can't imagine the mess it'll be if Boston gets cancelled! Let's just keep praying!

      I'm happy to hear you love running on vacation, too! It's just so fun to explore a new area by foot. Have a great week!

      Delete