Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Our Rhode Trip

Okay okay, I just had to be punny with the title! Anywho, John and I hit the road this past weekend and headed up to Rhode Island to visit my brother at school. We left after work on Friday which meant we didn’t arrive in Rhode Island until close to midnight. We had all of Saturday and half of Sunday in the area and managed to see a lot! Today I’m sharing some of the photos from our trip so I hope you enjoy!

We stopped somewhere in Connecticut for the most delicious pizza! The place was super cute and the most perfect place to rest halfway through the drive up.



Since we arrived in the dark {it was also snowing!!}, we didn’t see our awesome views until we woke up the next morning.


After we woke up, we went downstairs to get coffee and explore. The common room, where the coffee was kept, had the cutest decor and old fashioned board games to play.



I got to see the cute porch when I left for my run.



I had the most amazing views on my run! Our hotel was right on a bay so I just ran right along it. I was shocked that I wasn’t too cold.




I can’t pass up collecting shells!


We did some research for where to have brunch which led us to Annie’s, a cute brunch spot in Newport.


They are apparently known for their eggs Benedict so I figured it was the best place to try them. I highly recommend!


Afterwards we went to another online find, the Cliff Walk. It’s a path that takes you along Newport’s shore while giving you amazing views of some of the mansions.


We entered the spot where you can walk down the forty steps to get a closer view of the water.





The views were great! We were in awe at how beautiful the mansions were.





At one point we even saw people surfing. We both agreed we think that’s the first time we ever saw people surfing live in-person.



For dinner, we ended up at the Brick Alley Pub where I tried my first lobster roll.


Of course I found a running store to check out ;)


The views from our room were even more beautiful the second day!


We spent all of Sunday morning with my brother. He showed us around the base he’s been staying on while we caught up on life. Once we left him, we picked up some Dunkin’ and then headed home. We of course made a pit stop at the Pez Visitor Center!


Fun fact: I collected Pez dispensers growing up and still have the collection!





We saw so many cool Pez at the museum, both old and new! It was so cool for a collector like me!


We got a little after dinner time, just in time to prep for work the next day. It’s Wednesday and I still feel like we are recovering from our short road trip!

Question of the Day: Have you ever travelled to Rhode Island? If so, where is your favorite place there?

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea Pez had a visitor center, fun! Looks like it was a great weekend. Alex went to Rhode Island for a work conference last year and I was going to go but it was the weekend before we moved so we figured it would be better for me to stay and pack. I should ask if his firm is sending him again this year and we can make a long weekend out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! We saw a billboard on the way up and I told John we needed to stop on the way back. You should totally try and go with him! There was a ton to do there. I wish we had more time!

      Delete
    2. I love when you see an ad for something like that. I'm trying to remember when he found out he was going, I genuinely don't remember haha. There's too many easy road trips near us to go to. My list is so long!

      Delete