Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! I survived week 2 of working from home! It actually hasn't been too bad and I'm thankful for all this extra time at home. I am really missing my students, though! Thank goodness for technology and our ability to stay in touch.

Today's Friday Favorites focuses on the things I have been loving during this quarantine period. I was surprised I could even come up with a list considering I haven't left the house or anything lately but somehow I did! I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy!

Zoom
If you haven't heard of Zoom yet, listen up! Zoom is a free app and website that allows you to video chat with friends and family. It is perfect to use during this time! So far my family has used it to just hang out and chat, a friend of ours hosted a trivia game, and tonight we are going to attempt a family game night! I like this video chat platform because you can have a lot of people (I am not sure if there is a limit) and all see each other the whole time.


Down Dog
I'm not even sure how I found this app, but I am glad I did! Down Dog is an app that offers yoga workouts. I am unsure how much it usually costs and what features you can normally get free, but from now until April 2nd you can access everything for free. Students, teachers, and healthcare workers are able to get the app free until July 1st by either registering their school's domain or filling out a short form on their website. Check out their Instagram, @downdogapp, for more information!


Smart Sweets Sour Blast Buddies
I picked these up when I bought the sweet fish but just got around to trying them. I had high hopes considering the sweet fish were delicious and I was NOT disappointed! They aren't overly sweet or sour and like the sweet fish, leave no aftertaste. The sour sugar coating is nowhere comparable to Sour Patch Kids but I strangely liked that. I've been mixing a handful of these with the sweet fish for a sweet treat throughout the week.

Question of the Day: What is something you have been loving lately?

3 comments:

  1. I've seen people posting about Zoom as ways for classes to "meet" during this time and then people doing happy hours with it lol. Hopefully game night goes well for you tonight!

    One thing I've been loving this week is Tiger King. Honestly I don't know how it's all real but it is and it keeps getting more outrageous. Bless whoever released it right now because it's insane and amazing. You should definitely watch it Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my brother-in-law used in for a happy hour a few nights ago! My mom texted my whole family about the game night and my 15 year old cousin responded with "I'm in. I need interaction lol" That just made me laugh cause I can only imagine how bored she is getting that she is all about a game night on a Friday night.

      I have been looking for shows to watch throughout the day so this will be perfect!

      Delete
    2. Aw that's cute your cousins said yes! I feel like people are taking any sort of safe interaction they can right now.

      You might not be productive watching it because it sucks you in but it's a trainwreck and amazing lol

      Delete