Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Tips for Being Home All Day

I have been working from home for over a week now, and while it is getting to be a bit much, I am trying to focus on all the positive things. Having all this time at home is truly a gift and luckily I am healthy during this. I am naturally an introvert, but I have to admit that I am missing socializing and seeing my friends. I am sure others are starting to feel this way so I decided to share some tips I have been following to get through each day!


Keep your morning routine. My biggest life-saver the past week and a half has been keeping up with my morning routine. It's so tempting to sleep in but I've been making it a point to still get up at my usual time (or at least not too much later), but use the time I'd be getting ready or driving to stretch, work out, and enjoy my morning coffee. This little routine adds a bit of normalcy to my day.

Why not use this time to get some new PRs?

Do a workout at some point each day. I've been making a point to get some sort of workout in each day, whether it's a run or a strength training routine I found online. One day John and I even went on a long walk to get some fresh air. Whatever you do, just keep yourself moving. It's so easy to become inactive during this time but keeping yourself moving will help the time go by and make you feel good.

Jax is picking up the hobby of yoga as well!

Find a new hobby. This is a great time to start a new hobby! There is a YouTube video out there for almost anything you might want to teach yourself. Personally, I have started doing yoga by using the Down Dog app!

We FINALLY made the lemon shrimp & rice recipe my aunt shared with us at our wedding shower!

Try new recipes. Now is the time to try some of those recipes you've screenshot on Instagram or pinned on Pinterest! If you're low on ingredients, get creative and make your own new recipes using whatever you have in.

Question of the Day: What is something you are doing to keep yourself busy?

3 comments:

  1. Workouts have been so iffy since they closed my buildings gym. Running just doesn't appeal to me right now so I'm trying to stay active with home workouts but that's easier said than done. I might just stay in workout clothes until a workout happens from now on ha.

    One thing I'm doing to stay productive is going through random places like under the bathroom sink to organize and get rid of stuff we no longer use, is expired or basically empty and then I'll use it up. It feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly getting bored of my little "home gym" I made lol and all this rainy weather is killing my mood for a run. I'm starting to just settle for yoga and/or a walk at this point after sitting around a lot!

      Using this time to clean out places you'd normally not even think about is so nice! I went through a file box I forgot I had and found paperwork from high school in it... that was a long overdue clean out! haha

      Delete
    2. The rain is definitely not helping my lack of desire to run. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow so maybe I'll get out!

      I'm scared for the day I have to go through all of my high school stuff at my parents house lol. I seriously feel like everyone's house will be the most organized and cleaned out it's ever been after this virus passes.

      Delete