Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This week really flew by for me. It was technically my spring break but the only real difference compared to the past couple weeks is that I wasn’t on any real schedule during the day. All in all it was a good week! We have a pretty low key weekend ahead of us. My only real plan is to “run” with my friend Rachel this weekend since Sunday would’ve been our marathon. As of now I think we are planning to do a 10-miler and talk to each other during it.

Here are a few things I’ve been loving this week!


The Science of Well-Being Yale University Class
Honestly, I don't even remember how I found out about this, probably somewhere on Facebook. But anyway, Yale offers their class The Science of Well-Being for FREE (unless you want to pay like, $50 to get an actual course completion certificate) through Coursera! I chose to audit the class because I really didn't need to prove to anybody that I took it. It's a 10-week class but you can take it as fast or as slow as you want. I've made it a habit to complete the lectures on Monday or Tuesday and then focus on the "rewirements" for the week. The "rewirements" are little tasks we need to complete daily that go along with the week's topic. For example, this week we are talking about gratitude so the "rewirement" is to write down 5 things we are grateful this week. All in all, it's been a wonderful time-killer for me during everything going on right now and if it can really help increase my happiness and build more productive habits, then it's a win-win.


Snail Mail
Continuing on with ways to distract myself, snail mail has been a fun way to pass the time lately! My nephew and I have been sending mail back and forth which gives me something to look forward to. He sends me adorable drawings and I usually respond with a fun card and some stickers. I also have a pen pal from Minnesota who has been fun to keep up with. A friend of mine even sent me a cute card a week or so ago that made my day! Long story short, snail mail has been a great distraction lately so I highly recommend taking a few minutes to send a cute card or letter to a friend or family member.


Limited Edition Nuun Flavors
On April 1st, Nuun released two new limited edition flavors Nuun Sport that everyone went wild about. The first one was a new, never before seen flavor, Kiwi Strawberry. The second was a long-awaited returning flavor that had been retired in 2015, Kona Cola + Caffeine! I hadn't tried the Kona Cola flavor in the past but decided I needed to try it due to the way everybody raved about it. I ordered a few tubes of each and was thrilled when they showed up last week. I've had the chance to try both (maybe even more than once) and in my opinion, both are great! Kiwi Strawberry has a great fruity flavor that I crave after a long run. Kona Cola tablets smell like those bottle cap candies, but once dissolved in water, they have a flavor that is a mix between flat soda and those cola gummies. I've never been a soda person but for some reason am loving Kona Cola! Even though they are limited edition flavors, both are still available to order as of now.

Question of the Day: What is something you've been loving this week?

3 comments:

  1. I love Coursera! I took a project management class which was helpful for work. There's so many classes on the site that it can be overwhelming ha.

    Kiwi strawberry is such a good flavor combo! I haven't tried the Nuun one though but hopefully they'll make it permanent! There's too many open tubes to justify buying another...

    This week I've been loving the song "Post Malone" by Sam Feldt ft. RANI. It has such a good beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't explored the other class options just yet but if this goes on a lot long, I think I will! Are most of them available for free?

      Kiwi strawberry is great! I feel ya on having so many open tubes. For once I was actually running low, mainly on the vitamins, so that justified my purchase haha.

      That song is a good dancing song! I might need an at-home dance party soon to keep myself sane lol.

      Delete
    2. I think it's a mix! Some are free but then you can pay to get proof that you took it. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot were free right now with everything going on.

      I'm so bad with drinking Nuun in the winter since I don't feel like I need as many electrolytes (which I don't think is true but it's in my brain lol). Plus it's not warm yet so I'll get back to it soon!

      I have a little dance party in my bathroom when I take my makeup off since I'm usually lazy at night. Gotta psych myself up

      Delete