Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Unsung Heroes of My Kitchen

Happy Wednesday! It's hard to believe that we have been quarantining for over a month now. Being home all the time now means we are spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Cooking our own meals has given me the chance to fully appreciate all the kitchen gadgets and utensils we were gifted for our bridal shower and wedding. Today I am sharing a handful of those products with you because they are too good not to! Also, maybe you didn't know you needed one of these things ;)


Tortilla Warmer
We recently started making our own tortillas so this is perfect to keep them warm while the rest are being made! You are also able to warm your tortillas in the microwave using this.


Wilton Scoop-It Batter Spoons
I have the set that allows me to scoop out the perfect portion of either mini muffins/cupcakes and regular sized muffins/cupcakes into my baking pans. I love that this takes the guesswork out of baking because I'm not wondering how much batter is too much or too little for each cup.


KitchenMaid Mini Food Chopper
This was not an appliance I really thought I needed at first but now I am glad we registered for it! I've used this mini chopper for many things so far, such as chopping onions, making oat flour out of whole oats, and pureeing ingredients for our homemade pasta sauce. Bonus: it's also super easy to clean!

OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowls
Owning just one of these bowls would be great but having the whole set is a dream when it comes to a recipe that requires multiple bowls. The grips on the bottom and handle make these bowls easy to handle and stay in place while mixing.


Dailyware 6-in-1 Server
I haven't used this server for all it's worth yet, but I'm already obsessed with the fact that it's the cutest cake dome. I keep it displayed on my dining room table as a decoration. It's a double win when I actually have a sweet treat in it ;)


Cuisinart Hand Mixer
I'm sure there are "better" hand mixers out there, and a Kitchenaid is #goals, but I love this one due to the easy storage. The cord and attachments store perfectly in a plastic holder that easily attaches to the bottom of the mixer. This allows me to store it without worrying about losing pieces.


Grippmat Cutting Boards
Once again, I'm sure there are "better" cutting boards out there, but these serve me the best at this point. They are thin and easy to store almost anywhere. The colors allow you to assign each one a specific item to cut on it (fruits, veggies, poultry, etc.) and the grip on the bottom keeps the mat in place while cutting.


Pyrex Storage Set
Once you're done cooking and baking to your heart's content, you will need to store those leftovers (if there are any!). My go-to storage option is a glass Pyrex dish. No matter the size or shape, these dishes are perfect and well worth the investment!


Question of the Day: What appliance or gadget is the unsung hero of your kitchen?

5 comments:

  1. I love my mini chopper! It's an attachment to my immersion blender and it's amazing for basically obliterating onions lol. I don't like the texture of onions but I like the flavor so I'll use them to chop them super small and it's almost like they melt into the dish.

    My immersion blender is one of my favorite things in the kitchen! It's so nice for thickening up soups since I plug it in, go into the pot and start blending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made pasta sauce a few weeks ago and John made the onions so tiny for it using the chopper. It was perfect!

      My mom loves her immersion blender! We may have to invest in one eventually.

      Delete
    2. I would never have bought an immersion blender for myself haha. Alex actually told his parents a few gift ideas for my birthday two years ago and that was one of them. It was a great gift!

      Delete
  2. oohhh I have to invest in one of those tortilla warmers! I didn't even really know those existed! And a mini chopper too- I always use my big ol' food processor, but this would be way more practical. Love this idea for a post- I came away from it with so many new ideas too! Thanks for sharing, Em :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ever saw them at Mexican restaurants so when I saw them on the BB&B website while doing our registry, I got so excited! Such a good investment! I was soo glad I found this mini chopper cause I really didn't want anything too big with it just being us two.

      I'm glad you loved this post! I just figured I've been using the heck out of all these things lately that they needed some recognition haha.

      Delete