Monday, November 23, 2020

National Running Safety Month

 As you can tell from the title, it is National Running Safety Month! I meant to get this post out earlier in the month but now is better than never, am I right?! With Daylight Savings, we may find ourselves running in the dark more than we would like. Because of this, I'm sharing some products with you that I personally use to keep myself safe while running in the dark, which these days can be right when I get home from work!


NoxGear Tracer360 Vest
I just had to start off with this product because it is by far one of the best purchases I've made! The NoxGear Tracer360 vest is a lightweight, light up vest you can wear over as many layers as you need. This vest makes you visible to anyone out on the road in any conditions. There are 5 multi-color flashing modes and 6 solid colors to choose from. The band that goes around the chest is also reflective for added visibility!


Headlamp
Not only do you want to be seen while running in the dark, but you also want to see the road beneath you and ahead of you! I'm fortunate to live in a very well-lit development where I do any of my in-the-dark runs, but whenever I trek outside of my development, I make sure to wear my headlamp! I can't find the exact headlamp I bought many years ago, but it's Nathan Sports brand so I've linked their online shop in the title. My one little tip for a headlamp is to actually wear it around your waist. This allows you to see beneath you and ahead of you without needing to move your head all around to see.




Go Guarded Self-Defense Ring
This is one of those items I bring with me on my run but hope I never ever have to use it! The Go Guarded ring is a heavy-duty plastic serrated-edge weapon that can be worn on any finger. This is a convenient, comfortable, and effective way to defend yourself if the unthinkable should ever happen out on a run.


I love the shoe ID because then I don't need to think about it before I leave to run!


ROADiD

Just like the Go Guarded ring, this is an item I always have on me on a run but hope I never need it! A ROADiD comes in all different shapes and sizes. You can get a shoe ID which attaches right to your shoelaces or a wrist ID that you can wear. Each ID (no matter which you choose) is able to be personalized. Most people put their name, date of birth, any known allergies or medical conditions, and their emergency contact information. I will promote this brand forever so I was super excited to be chosen as an Ambassador! If you ever go to order from ROADiD, reach out to me because I may have a discount code for you to use!


Question of the Day: How do you keep yourself safe while running in the dark?

2 comments:

  1. I try to make sure I'm in an area that has street lights! Headlamps are great but I like to be able to see more than just what is right in front of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that! I've been sticking with the same routes for awhile now because I know the streetlights are super bright!

      Delete