Wednesday, November 11, 2020

{November} Currently

 Hellllo! Yes, I'm still here! I had all of last week off for NJ Teacher Convention Week so I used it as an opportunity to stray away from my phone and computer. Now I'm back and ready to get these blogging fingers moving! I had intended to write a more exciting post for today, but work ended up getting a bit hectic this week so I'm settling with a simple "currently" post. I think I might start posting one of these once a month.


I am currently...


Eating
An early Thanksgiving. I picked up a turkey breast for a good price over the weekend so we've been eating that for lunches. I've been doing turkey sandwiches while John has been making a turkey bowl with stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce.




Wearing
My Vans. Our dress code at work has been leaning on the more relaxed side lately so I've been wearing my Vans most days. They're so much more comfortable than flats and still look fairly nice!




Reading
Fewer Things, Better by Angela Watson. My sister sent me this book through Amazon a week or so ago and I'm really loving it. It's a book for teachers on how to lighten your load and focus on what really matters. What perfect timing for this book!


Watching
Gilmore Girls. John and I started binge watching this a few weeks ago and I am hooked! We are in the middle of season 3 right now.




Drinking
Lots of water! Wearing a mask while teaching means I have to talk much louder. That leaves my throat so dry which has me drinking water constantly, especially with a Nuun tab!

Listening To
Podcasts. These have been helping me survive my commute to and from work each day. I got a list of recommendations from a friend (thanks, Maureen!) and I'm slowly working through the true crime podcasts.


Question of the Day: What is something you’re currently eating, wearing, listening to, etc.? Pick one :)

3 comments:

  1. A turkey bowel with stuffing and gravy sounds delicious! I'd add in some mashed potatoes to really round it out haha.

    So glad you're enjoying all of my podcasts! There's so many good ones out there that suck me in.

    Gilmore Girls is so good! Right now I'm watching the last few episodes of season 3 of The Crown since the new season comes out on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I offered to make him mashed potatoes for his bowl and he said no! I was so surprised haha.

    My mom really likes The Crown! Maybe I'll start it one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so surprising he didn't want mashed potatoes!
      The Crown is really good! I'm a big fan and can't wait for the newest season since it includes Princess Diana and Margaret Thatcher

      Delete