Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday Favorites

After a 9 day break, this week really seemed to drag on! It wasn't too bad, so no complaints here, but I am excited it's Friday! I have a pretty calm weekend planned. John has something for work on Sunday so I already jam-packed my day starting with a long run in the morning with a friend, making crucible candles for my brother's upcoming crucible in the afternoon, and then meeting up with John for dinner :) I hope you all have a fun weekend planned!


Candles
I don't know about you, but this time of year makes me want to light ALLLLL the candles. Most of my candles are fall or winter scents so maybe that is why I think about them this time of year. Cold weather just makes me want to feel cozy and candles do exactly that! My favorite kind are the three-wick candles from Bath & Body Works. They usually go for about $25 but on the first Saturday in December, B&BW does a candle sale and they cost only $8.95 for that day! I'm already planning which ones to get ;)


Cotton Candy Captain Crunch
This was a total impulse buy at the grocery store last week because I had a coupon to get them for .99. I am a big fan of both Captain Crunch cereal {more specifically the berry kind} and cotton candy so this was a win-win for me! While it's not the healthiest choice, it sure is delicious! I've enjoyed it as an afternoon or late night snack a few times since buying it and I love it!


Playtex Dish Gloves
This is a totally lame, adult-like favorite but I don't care haha. Washing dishes kills my hands this time of year because they are already dry to begin with so emerging them in water makes them worse. I remembered my mom had given me these when I first moved in so I was happy to find that I did end up keeping them in the cleaning supply cabinet under my kitchen sink. They have been a lifesaver for me the past few weeks. I've been able to do dishes without drying out my hands! I like this specific pair because they are long enough to reach my elbows, keeping me completely dry. I am sure there are other good brands out there, though!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

6 comments:

  1. I love the Mahogany Teakwood (or however it's spelled ;) scent from BBW! It's musky and perfect for the super cold nights. Another good one is called Welcome Home. We got it as a moving gift and it's good. Be warned that it's an intense scent. Like fill up the entire room and be very noticeable intense. If that's not your thing then I would recommend passing on it. But the scent is amazing! I'm trying to go through candles before buying more so I might be speed burning some before the sale haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'll add those to my list to check out! I tend to pick a lot of cinnamon based candles so I'd like to switch it up. The Welcome Home one would be nice when we have people over. I love when I'm realllly able to smell the candles. The Spiced Apple Toddy one I have pictured is one of my number one favorites! It smells so good and has that kind of scent that makes me feel like it's definitely the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out that candle! I want to pick up some Christmas scents. Sadly we might not get a real tree this year so maybe I'll just burn evergreen scented candles all season instead haha.

      Delete
    2. That would work! We have a fake tree and I'm really on the fence about putting it up this year. I probably will end up doing it for the holiday cheer even though we aren't really home much of the month of December haha.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness Emily! You must remind me about the BBW Candle sale so that I can go and grab like a million of them. I just went through a big candle in like a week because I like to have it burning whenever I am at home! (I work from home so it's a lot! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! It's such a good sale! I have been have a few burning a lot lately so they are almost done lol.

      Delete