Friday, November 22, 2019

Friday Favorites

There are so many reasons for a TGIF right now! John had a car accident on Monday and while he is okay {most important part!}, it just made for a really long and stressful week. On a more positive note, I have the Philly Marathon on Sunday and my best friend is coming down to visit and come spectate with John! We are going to go to the expo tomorrow and then come back to my house to make dinner and relax. I'm really looking forward to the whole weekend! Before I sign off and begin my busy weekend, I'm sharing a few things I've been loving this week.




This was one of my favorite books as a kid and I've been wanting to reread it lately! I have been searching for it at my parents house for the past few months but have had no luck at finding it. Finally I caved and used a Barnes and Noble gift card to buy a used version from their marketplace. It came in last week and naturally I stayed up one night to read the whole dang thing. Fig Pudding is a short chapter book that focuses on events that happen throughout one year for a boy named Cliff who has a big family. The events range from small to big but all have made an impact on his life in some way. I don't want to give too much away! Something about this book just draws me in every time. If you are looking for a quick and easy read, check out Fig Pudding.


I made John take a picture of me in it to show my mom and that’s the only picture I have with it, so here it is!

While out in Lancaster with my parents a couple weeks ago, I found the absolute cutest Columbia jacket {the Chatfield Hill Jacket}. I made the decision not to buy it but of course have been thinking about it ever since. I found it on the Columbia website but of course my size and color is out of stock :( I decided to do some searching on Poshmark for either the same one or a similar one and I was able to find one! It's not the exact same coat but it's just as good, especially for only $20! It is made of 100% cotton, making the jacket super soft. There is a flannel interior and drawcord adjustable waist. I love how warm it is without being super bulky. After buying it, I did some research and found out it is called the Ridgeway Jacket if you're interested!

Beef Barley Soup
I was in a total soup mood this weekend so I looked up some soup recipes on my WW app and found a super simple beef barley one! All I had to do was mix cooked barley, cut up carrots and celery, and diced tomatoes in beef broth. The longest part was cooking the barley, but other than that, in the pot it all went to heat up for awhile. It was so easy to make! I think I might be making some more soups soon, especially to freeze for later!

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?
Bonus Question: What is your favorite meal the night before a race?

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry John got in a car accident but thank goodness he was okay!! My boss actually got into an accident this week so which is so weird. Sounds like you have a good weekend to take your mind off of everything though! My dad used to make beef barley soup but I haven't thought about it in forever! We've been living off of a giant batch of chicken noodle soup this week which is awesome.

    Hm, my favorite meal the night before a race is usually pasta. Maybe it's not my favorite, it's just what I end up having since it's quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad we have things planned this weekend to keep us busy. I love making a big batch of soup and eating it for days! Especially around this cold time of year!

      Pasta is my usual go to but I agree it's not necessarily my favorite, just the easiest lol. I am having a lasagna tomorrow night which is a bit different than my usual but I think it'll work the same!

      Delete
    2. Any recipe that lasts for multiple meals is a big winner in my book. I'll happily double recipes for easy lunches and dinners throughout the week too.

      Lasagna is just pasta made in a pan not a pot haha.

      Delete
    3. Haha very true! I just worry about the cheese but you can't have lasagna without cheese!

      Delete