Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday Favorites

For once I am not thrilled that it's Friday! I've had off all week so this just means I am a bit closer to going back to work... Anywho, we have a fun weekend ahead of us so maybe I am happy it's Friday. We are going to a Friendsgiving tomorrow night and I'll have a long run at some point during the weekend :) Keep reading to see what I've been loving this week!


Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
I've been seeing recipes for chicken tikka masala for months now and was so excited to get my hands on a jar of the simmer sauce while I was at Aldi's recently. This specific sauce is super easy to use. You brown up some chicken (we cut ours up into small pieces before cooking), add the simmer sauce, let simmer for abut 15 minutes, and then you're done! We served ours over rice and it was delicious! It was the perfect amount of spice without being overwhelming.


Bones by Maren Morris
If you haven't heard this song, go listen to it! I'll wait... haha okay but seriously this song is great! I didn't actually realize it was new until it played on the radio the other day and they introduced it as new. I'm saying this because back before our wedding, we were scrambling to find a first dance song when our original song got a bit ruined for us {we did end up dancing to it- You're Still the One by Shania Twain- but it was probably the only part of wedding planning that really stressed me out}. John and I spent days just sending songs back and forth to each other. This ended up being one of the songs John sent me but I dismissed it because I thought it was a bit too fast for a first day. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly regretting it now because I'm loving it so much but oh well. Nobody says your relationship can only have one song that makes you think of each other, right?


Gallo Wine
This was actually something my mom bought on a whim but turned into something my whole family loves. My mom only bought this brand because at the liquor store near her, the bottles were less than $5, and it actually is the most amazing wine I've ever had! I love sweet wine and this is the perfect amount of sweetness with just a small bit of carbonation. I am not 100% sure if they have any wines that aren't sweet but I'll check next time I go buy a bottle ;) My favorite flavors are strawberry, peach, and grape. We have discovered that not all stores sell this brand as cheap as others so I'd recommend checking out a few different ones, if possible, to make sure you're not getting ripped off.

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment