Friday, November 1, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday & Happy November! Today is going to be a long day since it's the day after Halloween {helllllo, sugar-filled first graders!} and also because it stands between me and my NINE day break! My school is closed all next week for the NJEA teachers convention and I am pumped! Not gonna lie, I have been looking forward to this break for months, even before the wedding! I've been putting off many of my to-do list items from months ago until this week off because I'll finally have the time to do them!

My Friday Favorites have an unplanned theme of baking this week! I didn't realize until I started typing this up that they all went together somehow. Maybe this blog post will put you in the mood to bake something yummy this weekend :)


One of my favorite bloggers, Maureen, shared this recipe on her blog last week. As usual, I clicked on the recipe to see what it called for and the directions. Usually I don't make many recipes I find because they call for so many ingredients I'd have to go buy. Well lucky me, because this time the only ingredient I needed to buy was cinnamon chips. I ended up not being able to find cinnamon chips so I subbed in pumpkin truffle chips and those worked perfectly! These cookies are soft and chewy, even days after you've baked them! I highly suggest trying them out :)

I was going to share the link for this from Bed, Bath & Beyond but it says it’s unavailable :(

Cookie Dough Scooper
I received this as a gift at my bridal shower and honestly thought I would never use it. It got thrown in a drawer and I forgot all about it until last week when I was making cookies. The scooper helps you get the perfect size scoop of cookie dough and then has a silicone bottom that lets you push the dough out without getting stuck in the scoop. It made baking cookies so much quicker!


After going to multiple stores in search of cinnamon chips and having no luck, I finally came across these pumpkin truffle chips and figured they'd probably work fine for my cookies. My oh my are they amazing! They're a little bit bigger than a regular chocolate chip but that's probably because it's a white chocolate chip FILLED with pumpkin spice filling! Sooo yummy! They tasted delicious in my cookies but were a little too big for the pancakes I made with them.

Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment