Monday, September 2, 2019

2019 Goals: August Update

I'm off my usual schedule with my August goals update but it's just been crazy around here with school starting. To be honest, all of August has just been a whirlwind and I feel like I need a day or two just to breathe. I go back to school full time this week so who knows when I’ll get that. Eventually I’ll even get my honeymoon and wedding post out! Anywho, here is a little update on how my 2019 goals are going now that we are a little over half way through the year!

Half marathon #6!

Goal 1: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
Between the wedding and our honeymoon, this goal seemed to go out the window. I wouldn't say I really "let myself go," but I definitely wasn't tracking my food and following a strict workout routine. Now that I am back, I am slowly getting back into my usual routines. I'm evening training for my 6th half marathon in October!

Goal 2: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
I really haven't changed too much with this goal in the past month. I am always thinking of new ways to reuse items but nothing worth noting right now.

Goal 3: Reduce Phone Usage
Our honeymoon was wonderful because my phone was barely touched, besides taking pictures. Since being home, I've been crazy busy trying to prepare for school to start so my phone has been the least of my worries. I'm a-okay with that!

Goal 4: Try New Recipes
This is something John and I both agreed needs some work. For one, we've hardly been cooking at home and when we do, it's the same old-same old. I spent some time the other day finding some new recipes for us to test out. John has even been finding recipes and sending them to me so we can get the ingredients.

Goal 5: Give Back
This is a goal that didn't get as much attention the past few months. I am currently brainstorming things I can do!

This day was worth every penny :)

Goal 6: Save Money
This was a tricky goal in August. While we were putting out money for the wedding, we were still trying our best to limit purchases so we could continue to save money. We were proud of ourselves when we realized we paid less for the wedding than we originally thought we would! 

Question of the Day: How are your 2019 goals coming along? Have you completed anything on your 19 in 2019 list, if you made one?

No comments:

Post a Comment