Monday, September 30, 2019

2019 Goals: September Update

I meant to post this on Wednesday but I completely forgot! Since today is the last day of the month, posting it today works :) September was a busy month but I feel like I really took the time to focus on my goals which makes me feel good. It's hard to believe we are nearing the end of 2019. I guess it's time for me to start brainstorming goals for 2020!


Goal 1: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
With school starting, I have tried to make my health a priority. It has been pretty easy in the eating department as I meal prep on Sundays. That has kept me from excessive snacking during the week. John and I have been sticking to a gym schedule and I have been working hard to get my runs in during the week, even if that means I am running at 5 am!

Goal 2: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
This isn't anything too new but I have been really great about only packing lunch in reusable containers. Sometimes my lunchbox is crammed with all different sorts of containers but I make it work!

Goal 3: Reduce Phone Usage
Work keeps me busy enough during the day that most days I don't end up playing on my phone until bedtime. 


Goal 4: Try New Recipes
We cooked/baked a lot this month! I tried my mom's meatloaf recipe earlier in the month which turned out yummy. John found an Instant Pot mac & cheese recipe that we tried and ended up falling in love with! We added that to our dinner rotation. Along with those two things, I made pasta salad, pumpkin oatmeal muffins, and a delicious quinoa dish.

Goal 5: Give Back
This is a goal that didn't get as much attention the past few months. I am currently brainstorming things I can do!


Goal 6: Save Money
John and I started following Financial Peace University to pay off our debt! We are fairly new to the program so we are still learning. So far we have established a budget and set it up for October. I am excited to see where this goes!

Question of the Day: How are your 2019 goals coming along? Have you completed anything on your 19 in 2019 list, if you made one?

4 comments:

  1. That mac and cheese looks so good. Now I want some for lunch haha. My goals this year are okay. Sadly my sub-4 marathon isn't going to happen and that's okay! Now I've switched that running goal to being smart with the come back from injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was to DIE FOR! John had to make mac and cheese for work a few weeks ago so first we tried out the recipe. We literally ate it for meals all week and I didn't complain at all! Then he finally made it for work and we had more leftovers from that! It was bad hhaha.

      That's smart that instead of just saying your goal wouldn't be met, you made a new goal! It sounds like you're doing well with coming back from an injury!

      Delete
    2. That's crazy! Mac and cheese is a recipe I haven't yet perfected but I can't wait for it to cool down so I can try again.

      Delete
    3. I never tried it before getting an Instant Pot so I'm not sure I'd be able to make it any other way.

      Delete