Monday, September 9, 2019

My Week in Pictures XXXI

Happy Monday all! I'm whipping this post up fast this morning since I was out late last night and am quite sleepy this morning. My posts have been all out of whack later so I am trying to get back into my usual routine. To do so, I am sharing my week in pictures with you today :)

Last weekend was quite the whirlwind, so a day off on Monday was much needed! We spent a majority of the day on the couch before we went to a party at John's cousin's house.


I spent most of Tuesday in my classroom, preparing for the first day on Wednesday. That night we made ourselves a delicious dinner of shrimp, scallops, and rice.


Wednesday was my first day in first grade! I can tell it is going to be a good year :)


Thursday night was another lazy night. Dexter has been happy that we've been home a lot lately!


After work on Friday, I went to my local running store {it is super close to my work} to pick up so new Gu for half marathon training. I also decided to treat myself to a chai tea latte. It felt so much like fall outside!


That night we went for all-you-can-eat sushi and bowling with our friends Heather and Jason! Jason shares the same birthday as John so it was a belated birthday celebration.


I got up bright and early on Saturday for a 9 mile run with Ashley!


That afternoon, John and I took the flowers we preserved from the wedding out of the silica gel. I am so impressed! I'll give more details on that later!


We had another quiet night in so we decided to whip up my mom's meatloaf recipe. So yummy!


On Sunday we had our typical pancake breakfast. I added pumpkin spice in mine!


Next up, we ran some errands. We found ourselves in BJ's at one point and really stocked up on some yogurt!


That night we met up with some friends in Philly to see a show that my friend, Erika, was in. It was such a fun night!


Question of the Day: Did you do anything exciting this weekend? What do you like to do when you have a free day?

3 comments:

  1. What half marathon are you training for?? Moving was the big thing this weekend haha so most of the weekend was spent unpacking and attempting to organize the apartment. I haven't had a free day in a while but I'm hoping to have time to paint my nails later today since they're all nasty and chipped haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hershey Half! It was actually my first half back in 2014 so I'm excited to return! It was a bit of a spontaneous sign up. My sister and friend had already signed up and I said I'd decide after my honeymoon. I ended up just signing up without really thinking about it and so far training is going well!

      Unpacking and organizing must be fun yet time consuming! It's funny, I had a good amount of free time this week but never got around to painting my nails which I've been wanting to do. Eventually...

      Delete
    2. Fun! I can't wait to follow your training! Sometimes the spontaneous sign ups are the best.

      Delete