Monday, September 16, 2019

My Week in Pictures XXXII

How is it already Monday?! We had the nicest weekend and now I really a not ready to start the week but I guess I have to! Last week was a busy one for us and I realized I hardly took any pictures so bear with me for last week's update :) Have a great week!

Monday and Tuesday were a mix of busy and relaxing, which I apparently did not document. On Tuesday I spent some time at the park with my friend Jess and her daughter. It was nice to catch up with her! On Wednesday I came home from work in a rush because we had somewhere to be but somebody just wanted ALL the snuggles!


 He must've known we were on our way to adopt his new brother!! Our story of getting this new little guy is an interesting one so I'll write about that later this week!


Once we got back from the shelter Wednesday night, I was running around like crazy to get all the kitten supplies we needed while also baking brownies for a dinner we were going to on Thursday.


Thursday I was finally able to squeeze in a strength workout.


After the gym we went to my best friend, Cassie's, new apartment for dinner! She made us a delicious dinner of pasta, homemade sauce, and bread :)


On Friday, the kitten was finally getting comfortable with us and came out to play!


That night we went out to dinner at a really nice restaurant called The Chophouse to celebrate our one year anniversary in our house! I ordered the lobster & crab mac and cheese with sweet potato fries on the side.


I got up bright {it was actually dark out haha} and early on Saturday to run 10 miles with Ashley. We ran all around here area. We saw a ton of deer in the park near her!



Once I got home from that, I got right to work on making a big ol' bowl of pasta salad for a pig roast we were going to later in the day. John's best friend invited us because his friend was hosting it and they wanted to make it a whole big party.


It's hard to see in the picture, but this is from the pig roast while they were unwrapping it. They had cooked the pig in the ground and it was so cool!


I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I got hit by a truck so an epsom salt bath was much needed!


Followed by our typical pancake Sunday :)


And Dexter snuggles!

John is making mac and cheese for work this week so he insisted we tested it for lunch. He made it in the Instant Pot and it was sooo yummy!


Before rushing out the door to go to a Financial Peace University class, I quickly painted my nails. This was Sinful Colors Taupe is Dope. I got it from my bridal shower back in June because it was an extra price at the end. I really like the neutral tones to it although it seems to change in different lighting so sometimes it looks super dark.


Question of the Day: What was the highlight of your weekend? Have you ever attended a pig roast?

3 comments:

  1. The new kitten is so cute!! Omg I can't deal with those eyes. I have been to a pig roast but it was a long time ago. The meat is always delicious though.

    The highlight of my weekend was taking Bailey to a new to us dog park. When we got there I finally found a trail that I can run on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His eyes are just soo big and make my heart melt! I'm hoping to get a lot more pictures of him soon! I'm not a big pork person but I tried a bit of it and it was delicious! They cooked it perfectly!

      I'm glad you found a trail to run on! Is it a legit trail or a paved path? I really want to find a good dirt trail to start running on eventually. Either sound great for your speed work!

      Delete
    2. Pork is a tough meat to cook in my opinion. I feel like you have to be careful with it but slow cooking it never turns out poorly from what I've found.

      It's a paved path right along the Schuylkill! I think it might even connect to the trail along Kelly Drive but I'm not sure since I didn't go far enough.

      Delete