Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This was my first full week of school and I survived {though wish me luck today because it’s Friday the 13th AND a full moon...}! It was quite the week and this weekend is much needed! Tonight John and I are celebrating one month of marriage {this past Monday} and one year of buying our house which is today! Tomorrow we are going to a pig roast with John's friends and then Sunday is open for now. I hope you all have something exciting planned for the weekend! In typical Friday fashion, I'm sharing some things I've been loving lately.


Vans Old Skool
I bought these back before school started as my "back to school shoes." Yes, I wear dress shoes most days but, on Fridays we are able to dress more casual so those are my Friday shoes. They are very neutral so they match almost anything I would choose to wear. I also find them really comfortable!


Oregon Chai Sugar Free Chai Latte Concentrate
I have a feeling I posted about this before but oh well! This chai latte mix is the BOMB! I've been using it this past week two different ways. The first way is the typical chai latte way where I mix 1 part chai mix with 1 part milk and pour it over ice, YUM! Another way is I've been adding it to my vanilla protein shakes to give it a little boost of chai flavor. DOUBLE YUM! I typically buy this in the sugar free version because it's zero calories but they do offer it in a regular version as well!

Pretend She's Here by Luanne Rice
Wow it's REALLY been a long time since I posted a Friday Favorites list because I read this book while I was away on my honeymoon! Pretend She's Here is a teen novel I picked up at my school's book fair last year when I was still assuming I would be teaching middle school. This book is the perfect thriller for middle school-high school aged girls along with adults like me who love YA books. It's about a girl named Emily who loses her best friend, Lizzie. Close to a year later, a run-in with Lizzie's family goes from heartening to dark within a matter of minutes. The story is full of suspense and secrets that will keep you from putting the book down!






Question of the Day: What is something you're loving this week?


2 comments:

  1. So many things to celebrate this week! Crazy to think you guys have been in your house for a year, I feel like you just posted about buying one.

    I love chai so I'll have to look for a place near us that sells it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly feels like we just bought it! Crazy how times flies!

      I always buy it at Target so check there!

      Delete