Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Honeymoon Days 1-4

Hi everyone! I am finally here to post about our honeymoon in Cancun which we took from August 11-18. This took me a lot long to work on than I thought. To be honest, adjusting back to my routine has been rough and I didn't get much of a chance to sit down and really think about the honeymoon and pull together some pictures. Today I am just giving you a small recap of the first 4 days. I don't want to overwhelm you with all the pictures at once plus I am squeezing in time to write this post right before school is about to start for me! I will share days 5-8 soon!

We were up bright {it was actually dark out} and early on Sunday so we could catch 8 am flight. Since we were flying internationally, we had to be at the airport 3 hours early which was dumb because we spent a lot of time sitting and waiting.



You bet we had matching shirts and took cheesy pictures ;)


We were so excited once we finally arrived!


We were greeted at the entrance of the resort with champagne.

.

We had a bit of time before our room was ready so we stopped by the beach bar for some pina coladas! This became my go-to drink for the week.


After some drinks and lunch, our room was ready so we headed there. My first order of business was to check out the ocean view.


 Next up was the plunge pool on our rooftop deck. It is hard to tell in the picture, but it was actually pretty big. There was also a bed to lounge on and chairs up there.


On Monday morning we decided to start the day with room service breakfast so we didn't have to rush to breakfast. The main option for breakfast was a buffet which had a tremendous amount of options but we were certainly impressed with our room service chocolate chip waffles!


After not having one when we got there, John checked in with our concierge to see if we could get one of the "honeymoon" signs we kept seeing on other doors!


Our first full day was spent mostly at the pool. The water felt great!


Later in the day, we walked around the resort to explore. We found the cutest chairs to take pictures in!



We also discovered a self-serve soft serve {say that five times fast!} ice cream machine that we made a habit of stopping at every time we passed by.


Although it was a bit windy, we spent a little bit of time on the beach and snapped some cute pics with our rings!



I loved all the towel animals they would leave for us!


For dinner that night we tried out the Mexican restaurant, Agave. I was super impressed with everything, especially my entree. I took the risk and ordered the octopus. It came in an agave syrup and plantain sauce which gave it a sweet taste. I actually really liked it! I told John it had a texture that was softer than a shrimp but tougher than a scallop.


I always made room for dessert! At this restaurant I tried these little fried tortillas with chocolate and caramel sauce drizzled on top.



We came back to this Monday night after dinner. I really loved the turn down service. Can we get that here at home?!


On Tuesday, we decided to wake up early to watch the sunrise from our rooftop deck.




Later in the morning we went to our first activity: air rifle shooting! I was not too good at that, haha.


Each night we received petit fours delivered directly to our rooms. They were always different but always yummy! Each plate came with four itty bitty desserts that were about the size of a quarter. We split each one which was kind of hard since they were so tiny.


Sometimes we even got soft serve on our way to meals... hey, it was vacation! ;)


On Wednesday, we got up early and headed out for our first excursion! We took a bought to Isla Mujeres, which is an island with a small town with cute shops, restaurants, and beautiful beaches! Before we got to the island, we stopped once for snorkeling {we didn't partake in that activity} and once just to swim. The water was GORGEOUS!




I mean, look at that BLUE water!




At one point they served us lunch which came in the cutest bento boxes! Included was a lunch meat sandwich, chips & guac, fruit, some sort of pasta with chicken, a small piece of corn bread. Yum!


We had 3 hours to do whatever we wanted once we got to the island. First on our list, the beach!


Next, we walked around.


Finally, we rented a golf cart and explored the island for awhile. I snapped some pictures of the scenery and buildings I thought were pretty!






Once we were back on the bought, we headed back to the marina we left from.


We were in quite the rush when we got back to the resort. The drive back took much longer than expected and we had an appointment at the spa for a massage as part of our honeymoon package.


We felt so amazing after our massage! The views on this side of the resort were breathtaking! The building with the dome is the spa.


Afterwards, we stopped by the little cafe in the resort for drinks and pastries!


To add to our busy day, that night was our honeymoon dinner on the beach. Every detail of it was amazing!







 And that's a wrap from the first 4 days! I hope you enjoyed following along :)

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy you did all of that in just 4 days! The pictures of the ocean and beach are making me want to hop on a flight to a tropical location! The picture of your handprints with your rings on the ring finger is so cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that was only the first half of the trip! It was way too much to put into one post, haha. A beach trip is always needed! I did not want to leave!

      John actually came up with the idea for the handprint picture! I was so impressed lol.

      Delete