Wednesday, October 30, 2019

2019 Goals: October Goals

Is it just me or is 2019 flying by?! I know it was a busy year for me, but still! October flew by just like every other month has. I kept an eye on most of my goals as the month went on and also kept looking at my 19 in 2019 list. I still have quite a few items to check off but I'm hopeful that November will be a good month to do so! Today I am sharing my progress with my 2019 goals.


Goal 1: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
I've been making it a point each week to prep a healthy breakfast and lunch. When it is already ready for me each day, I don't have many reasons to deviate from what I should be eating. Our dinners can tend to be a little more comfort foods so I feel good if at least 2 of my 3 meals are healthy! I ran the Hershey Half towards the end of October and I maintained a great training schedule for that. Strength is making its way back into my schedule at full force!

Goal 2: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle
I'm pretty excited to say that so far this school year, I have not brought any plastic baggies in my lunches. I've been sticking with using reusable shopping bags at the store and recycle everything I can!

Goal 3: Reduce Phone Usage
Work keeps me busy enough during the day that most days I don't end up playing on my phone until bedtime. 


Goal 4: Try New Recipes
This goal seems to be getting a lot of attention lately. We tried some different meals this month to try and switch up our weekly routines. I have also been finding some yummy baked good recipes that I've been trying out just for fun.

Goal 5: Give Back
This goal has started to take a back burner but I am sure I will be doing a lot in November to give back such as make donations.

Can’t stop, won’t stop buying pumpkin iced coffee :)

Goal 6: Save Money
This was our first month following the Dave Ramsey way of budgeting and I am already feeling good about saving money! It almost feels like a game trying to get what we need with only a certain amount of money. We've been budgeting money for groceries since we moved out so that wasn't too hard. The newest thing was only giving ourselves a small sum of money for "fun" money throughout the month. Both John and I learned it all goes towards buying lunch at work and iced coffee, haha.

Question of the Day: How are your 2019 goals coming along? Have you completed anything on your 19 in 2019 list, if you made one?

2 comments:

  1. Emily, we should try to become pen pals ... it was my goal to connect (outside of the internet) to 9 new people in 2019. I have only made it to 7 people at this point ... but I think it would be fun to have you as a pen pal because we can so much in common. (Iced coffee love, need I say more?) Well shoot me an email or you can find me on instagram too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I've missed having a pen pal! What is your Instagram handle?

      Delete