Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Recipes We've Tried and Love: Fall Edition

 Happy Fall, everyone! Since yesterday marked the first official day of fall, I thought I'd share some more recipes John and I have tried and love. This time, I'm sharing a few that are more fall related! To give you a little update, John and I made a 2020 goal for ourselves to try 24 new recipes. Together we are up to 16 recipes so far. I also track ones I've made by myself and that list is up to 8, so technically I have hit the goal but not with John. With all the recipes on our "to try" list, I know we'll get there. I hope you all have a great Wednesday and enjoy these recipes!




Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
After my first full day of  remote teaching, all I wanted was some chocolate chip cookies- ASAP! I turned to Google to find a recipe that didn't involve any waiting time for the dough and was easy. This one seemed the best so I quickly made the dough and threw some in the oven. The recipe makes a lot of dough... I may have missed where it says it makes 39 cookies.. oops! I ended up making a dozen and then putting the rest of the dough in the fridge for later in the week. These cookies were so delicious when the dough was fresh AND after it had sat in the fridge for a few days. They are super quick to throw together and don' take too long to bake. As much as I absolutely love Joanna Gaines' chocolate chip cookie recipe, this may be my new go-to recipe when it's a cookie emergency! I think I might make them again soon with some pumpkin chips I have to give them a more fall-like flavor.




Pumpkin Scones
I tend to go crazy with pumpkin baked items this time of year, so I was thrilled to find a more healthy version of pumpkin scones so I wouldn't feel as guilty. This was my first time making scones and I was pleasantly surprised with how easy they were to make! My one suggestion with these is to definitely add the glaze! I added some pumpkin pie spice to the glaze to get even more pumpkin flavor so feel free to do that if you love a more pumpkin-y flavor. I love keeping these in the fridge and then popping one in the microwave for breakfast or a snack. Also, it never specifies if the butter should be cold, room temperature or melted, but I've tried both cold and melted butter and melted worked best!




Banana Muffins
I'm not sure if banana muffins are really fall-related but any warm, baked muffin is perfect to have when the weather is cool! I had some super-ripe bananas that I needed to use ASAP and this was the first recipe that caught my eye. I try to bake healthy when I can so then I can splurge on other treats that aren't good "healthy." These were a quick, easy recipe that turned out amazing! They keep well in the fridge and heat up great in the microwave for a quick, yummy snack. I highly suggest any a smidge of butter on it, too :) I added chocolate chips to a few and those were a hit with my husband!


Question of the Day: What is your favorite fall recipe?

4 comments:

  1. The Joanna Gaines recipe makes so much dough! I never really trust when a recipe says it will make X cookies but her's was not wrong when it made 48 haha. So I made a tray then portioned out the dough into balls for the freezer. Then it was fresh cookies whenever I wanted. Highly recommend that!

    Scones sound intimidating but after you said they were easy I will have to try it out! As of now there's about 128963 different pumpkin recipes that look good lol.

    One go to fall recipe for me is pumpkin bread. I mean, it's just a classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea! My sister and I were so surprised when it made so many. We ended up just making them huge, but we'll have to save some for later next time!

      Girl, I've always been intimidated to make scones but this recipe completely changed my mind! I'm hoping all other scone recipes are just as easy cause I really want to recreate the Panera orange scones one day.

      Pumpkin bread is soo good! I might have to make some soon since I bought a ton of canned pumpkin! I came across a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe I might try this weekend.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I just laugh when I see the amount of cookies a recipe says it'll make. I'm not measuring them out even though I'm sure it would make my cookies look professional. Just spooning the dough onto a tray haha.

      If you have the first Magnolia cookbook, I think there's an orange scone recipe in it!

      I don't know if my parents have canned pumpkin but now I want to look in the cabinets and downstairs in the basement.

      Delete
    3. I have a cookie scoop that I use for almost every recipe regardless of how big the scoop is supposed to be haha.

      I don't have the cookbook but maybe I can find it on google!

      I had some leftover from last fall. But then somebody posted in one of the millions of Facebook groups I'm in, I'm thinking the Sally's Baking group, that they couldn't find pumpkin anywhere near them. When I saw my Aldi had a lot the other day, I grabbed a couple more cans just to be safe haha.

      Delete