Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Fun Facts About John and Me

For once, Friday actually got here quick for me this week! I had a pretty relaxing week so I'm sure that is why. Tomorrow (May 12) marks one whole year that John and I have been engaged! For those who don't know me too well, or more importantly, know anything about my fiance, you're in luck! Today's Friday Five is 5 fun facts about us and our relationship. I'll try not to make them too cutesy :)

This picture was taken the day before he asked me out so we count this as our official first dating picture.
1. John and I first met in 5th grade band class. We instantly became friends, progressing into best friends as the years went on. It was well known that John had a huge crush on me but I didn't admit my feelings towards him until senior year. That was when we finally started dating. For those wondering, we have been together for over 7 years now.

I think this was from our first summer together. We were crabbing down the shore with his family.
2. Our first "official" date we went on right after he first asked me out was to Wendy's. Neither of us really remember why we ended up there but it has always been funny to us that we can technically say our first date was at a fast food restaurant that neither of us actually like.

Riviera May 2015
3. Together we have gone on many trips together! Before dating John, my vacations were typically local and I had never traveled outside the United States. Our favorite trips so far were Riviera Maya, Cabo, and New York City. Our next big trip together should be our honeymoon next summer!

Okay, so maybe he really does have that serious serial killer look sometimes... He is seriously such a snuggle bug, though!
 4. A hobby we share is binge-watching Netflix shows. I'm not a big TV-watcher so I only watch TV with John when it's a show we are binge-watching. Currently we are in the middle of Grey's Anatomy. One of our favorite shows before Grey's was Dexter. Our cat we adopted last December is named Dexter because of that show. No, he is not secretly a serial killer. I just loved the name and John vetoed it as a future baby name.


5. John and I attended our senior prom together in May of 2011. In August of 2019 we will be getting married at the same place prom was. We didn't plan to do this, we just ended up really loving the venue as a wedding venue.

Question of the Day: What's a fun fact about you and your significant other?

3 comments:

  1. That's so cool you'll get married at the same venue as your senior prom!

    A fun fact about Alex and I is that before I even knew him, I would drive by his house every day on my way home from an internship. So for a whole year I was so close to the guy I fell in love with and didn't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so coincidental! It must’ve been funny when you figured that out!

      Delete
    2. It was! It actually took a few trips to his house to figure it out. The first few times were a little dark so I didn't recognize it. We just couldn't believe it!

      Delete