Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Memorial Day Weekend

For once, a three day weekend actually felt like a three day weekend! Usually a break from school/work seems to speed right by, barely feeling like a two day weekend. This past weekend, however, seemed to drag on and not in a bad way.

On Saturday morning, John and I headed out to Pennsylvania, where we would be until Monday morning. One of my close friends, Julie, was getting married and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding! The wedding wasn’t until Sunday but the rehearsal was scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Due to it being a holiday weekend, hotel prices were through the roof! So we opted to book an Airbnb for the first time ever, but I’ll talk more about that in a bit.

The rehearsal was held at the venue which was beautiful! The ceremony was planned to be inside which was perfect since the weather wasn’t looking too great on Sunday. After the speedy rehearsal, we all headed to a cute little cafe, The Speckled Hen, which was right around the corner from the venue. This venue was in Strasburg, which for those who aren’t aware, is a cute little town known for its trains. It was a very relaxed rehearsal lunch and gave me pretty of time to catch up with the rest of the bridal party, including the bride. Afterwards, John and I hit the road to go check in to our Airbnb in Harrisburg. We chose to stay closer to the salon I needed to be at Sunday morning so I didn’t have to get up too early.


Could you ask for a cuter color scheme?!

The Airbnb we booked was AMAZING! It was a one bedroom apartment with a cute little kitchen, bathroom, and sitting area complete with a futon couch and a little table to eat at. The whole place was decorated perfectly! This was our first time trying an Airbnb. We were so happy with the place and the ease of having a whole apartment to ourselves instead of s small hotel room. We both agreed we want to start doing more road trips and staying at more Airbnb’s.


We spent 75% of Saturday night curled up on this couch, watching Grey's Anatomy and drinking wine :)

The next day was a blast! The bridal party met up at a salon to get our hair done and it was so much fun just hanging out and chatting with everyone. It only took about three hours to get six girl’s hair and the bride’s make up done. Soon enough, we were on the road back to Strasburg, the excitement of the day building more and more. Getting ready for the wedding was overall super relaxing. We all looked amazing in the dresses Julie chose for us and she looked stunning in her gown!


I was in love with my dress + hair that curled perfectly! I also surprised myself with how good I did my make up. That NEVER happens since I don't typically wear make up.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but I’ll just say that the wedding was awesome! It was the first wedding I had been in that had a head table and it was incredibly nice being served all during dinner. John sat with some of my college friends, which seemed to work out for all of them. It was a fun night of dancing and catching up with friends! Afterwards, John and I were able to get a room at the hotel practically attached to the venue, and for a great deal! It was nice being able to just walk to the hotel after the wedding and go right to sleep.


My forever wedding date <3

This weekend definitely took a lot out of me, making this short  week of subbing seem extra long. Luckily it’s a really easy week for so I just have to keep myself awake throughout the day. I’m starting to enjoy the ease of substitute teaching but am beginning to get eager for interviews to begin. A lot of applications were due this week so I am hoping that means schools will start calling for interviews!

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend and have a great week ahead of you (or what is left of it)!

3 comments:

  1. I love the dress your friend chose! What a perfect color for a late spring/early summer wedding. Airbnb's are awesome when hotels are outrageous or you have large group that you're with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is even better is that it's my wedding color as well so the dress will be nice to wear for different wedding things for myself! I don't know why I've never used Airbnb before. It's awesome!

      Delete
  2. I know this comment is super late ... but I have a friend that lives in Harrisburg that I am planning to go see in the fall and I prefer to have my own space ... would you recommend the airbnb you stayed at?
    Also, you looked AMAZING in the dress. LOVED the color! :)

    ReplyDelete