Thursday, May 3, 2018

Substitute Teaching and This Beautiful Weather

For those who didn’t know, Monday was my last day in a long-term substitute position. I co-taught 7th and 8th grade literacy for the past 5 months and absolutely LOVED it! Unfortunately it was just a long-term position so now it’s over and I’m left to just day-to-day sub until the end of the school year.   I’m hardly three days into it, though, and I’m already not a fan. The inconsistency, unknown, and stress of it all is just not that fun. On top of this, I’m also trying to apply to as many school districts as possible in hopes of being hired soon. My goal is to be hired by July at the latest so I can spend this summer preparing for the new job and also focus my attention back to the wedding and house hunting!


On a more positive note, I am so happy with the weather we have had the last few days! It feels so nice leaving the house without a bulky coat, and even some days without a lighter jacket. Running in this sudden heat is definitely going to take some getting used to but I’ll take it! I love wearing shorts and a tank top instead of fleece-lined leggings and multiple layers. Now it’s just time to get back into the habit of early morning runs to avoid the beating sun!

Along with my long-term sub position, the month of April also ended on Monday. At the end of each month I love to look at my monthly mileage total on my Garmin Connect app. I was pretty impressed with my total of 62.7 miles for this month! I’ll admit, I got pretty lazy this month. I know I skipped a couple runs and shortened some runs due to just being tired so to see a high number as my monthly total felt great!


The month of May is already off to a slow month for me, mileage wise, so we’ll see if the monthly total can be even close to this number. I believe this month will be a bit crazy for me so running will definitely be my happy place throughout this time. After my long run this past weekend, I was reminded how much I love the longer runs so I’m hoping to amp up my long run mileage as marathon training is quickly approaching!

Have a great Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry day-to-day subbing isn't going too well Emily. Fingers crossed you can find a full time position soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Maureen! I'm hoping something comes up soon :)

    ReplyDelete