Friday, May 25, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy Friday! And happy beginning of a holiday weekend! I’m in a wedding on Sunday so I have quite an eventful weekend ahead of me. The wedding is about 2 hours away in Pennsylvania, so John and I are renting our first Airbnb since hotel prices were through the roof for a holiday weekend. Somehow we were able to find a whole apartment that was much cheaper than one little hotel room... so crazy! I’m really excited to see how this goes. It would be great to use Airbnb in the future for trips because of the great options and prices. And now on a more fun topic, here are my favorites for this Friday!


1. E.l.f. Post-Workout Body Cleansing Wipes
I have been on the hunt for after-gym freshening wipes for awhile now. I often find myself rushing out to do something after a run or a gym workout so I needed something to throw in my gym bag for days like those. While perusing around Wal-mart a week or so ago, I came across these wipes. A pack of 20 is only $3! I only picked up one pack at the time to see if I liked them first. Let me just say that these are phenomenal! They have a pleasent smell to them and feel great on my skin. I used then after a hot run and they cooled me down quickly and made me feel a lot better. I actually went back a few days later to buy more and they were sold out! I eventually found them at another Wal-mart and bought three more packs. You can either buy your own at your local Wal-mart or order them online here!


2. Protein & Fiber Multigrain Cereal (Aldi version of Kashi GoLean cereal)
I’m always looking for new snacks to try that are both healthy and cheap. With my inconsistent schedule these past few weeks, I’ve been depending on some snacks stashed away in my bag to keep me going. I came across this cereal in Aldi last week and figured it wouldn’t hurt to try it out since it was reasonably priced. The words fiber + protein grabbed my attention since I know that’s the key to keeping me full! Plus, it’s nut free which is a win for me! This has become my go-to breakfast with a splash of vanilla soy milk (also from Aldi! The best in my opinion) and berries on top. Throughout the day I’ll snack on it plain or mixed with berries. I’m going to pick up plain Greek yogurt for next week and try it on that!

Organizing my sock drawer made me realize many things: I have a lot of socks, 98% of my socks are running socks, and most of my running socks are the same type of sock just different colors.

3. Konmari Method of Folding
For the past year, I’ve had the book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo half read on my bedside table. Last week, a lot of my subbing consisted of sitting in a hallway due to PARCC testing. I used this time as an opportunity to finally finish this book. I’ve already been in clean-out mode for the past couple months so this was perfect timing! This book taught me a new method of folding my clothes that I didn’t believe would be that big of a deal, but I am telling you it is LIFE CHANGING! I started out by transforming my sock drawer from a drawer of “potatoes” just rolling around to a much more organized, easy to find drawer. I was amazed at how great folding my socks differently made me feel. I know, this sounds crazy! Over a span of a few days, I organized the rest of my drawers using the Konmari method. So far I am loving it! It also helped me clear out so manyclothes I wasn’t wearing.

A little sneak peek into my closet! This is what the app looks like :)
4. Poshmark
To go along with the topic of clearing out clothes in number three, this week I am once again loving Poshmark! I talked about this awesome app awhile ago in this blog post and now I’m here again to talk about my love for it. I’ve been selling and buying clothes on Poshmark for a few months now and I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with both. So far I’ve made about $80 just selling clothes and accessories I no longer used. It makes me feel a little less guilty for getting rid of stuff AND I’m making money to buy some new stuff. I don’t want to say too much here because I plan on writing a whole blog post soon but for now I just had to keep saying I LOVELOVELOVE it! Like I said in my older post, I’m on Poshmark as @elchristman if you’d like to shop my closet and feel free to use my invite code ELCHRISTMAN to get $5 off your first purchase!


5. My Engagement Photos!
Back a couple months ago, I won a free engagement session through a friend of my sisters photography business, Nicole Bompadre Photography. I was super stoked because I love her work and had yet to get engagement photos done yet. John and I were waiting for nice weather to get them done so we finally were able to schedule a date a few weeks ago. Originally we were scheduled for this past Saturday but for those who live in the South Jersey, or surrounding areas, know we got A LOT of rain that day. After talking with Nicole, we decided to reschedule for the next day, in hopes of better weather. That was a great decision because the weather was absolutely gorgeous, allowing us to have a great photo session. I’ve only gotten one sneak peek so far, but she showed us a few on her camera throughout the shoot and I know I won’t be disappointed!

Question(s) of the Day: What are you loving this week? Do you have any fun plans for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment