Sunday, May 20, 2018

Weekly Workout Recap: 5/14-5/20

Monday, May 14- REST DAY

Tuesday, May 15- 1.5 miles of speed work. I attempted to do speed work as part of the 3plus2 training program but the heat and humidity was terrible.

I still rewarded myself with mojito water ice because it was so HOT out!

Wednesday, May 16- REST DAY

Thursday, May 17- 3 miles

Friday, May 18- REST DAY

Saturday, May 19- 6 miles in the rain


Sunday, May 20- REST DAY (engagement picture day!)

Total Weekly Mileage: 10.5 miles
The weather really played into my running schedule this week. If it wasn’t hot as all get out, it was pouring down rain. I normally would’ve saved my long run for Sunday because the forcast  was better but we had our engagement pictures that day so it just wouldn’t go the way I’d like. I opted to run early Saturday morning instead. I started out in a light drizzle which was manageable. By mile 4.5 it was downpouring so I had to cut my run short and head home to avoid getting swept away in a flood. Boy was I soaked when I got in! I left my raincoat and shoes on the front porch to avoid a mess inside. I was soaked to the core! My shoes are STILL wet a day later. Let’s hope for better weather this week!

Question of the Day: How has the weather been for you this past week?

3 comments:

  1. It was so rainy on Saturday! I just said screw it and got 4 miles in early. I pretty much walked in the door and took off all my wet clothes and put my robe on to stretch lol.

    A trick I have for wet shoes is I put newspaper in them! It sounds silly but I've never had an issue with my shoes being wet the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to go try that because I’m pretty sure my shoes are STILL wet! As much as the rain sucked, I think I preferred it over the humidity we had earlier in the week, though. This weather is just crazy lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy, hopefully the newspapers can help! I completely agree with you on rain over humidity. The humidity has been horrible and makes getting used to the heat even worse.

      Delete