Friday, July 6, 2018

Friday Five: 5 Things I’m Loving This Week

Happy Friday that doesn't feel like a Friday! Having off on Wednesday for the Fourth really has me all messed up with my schedule but that's okay! I enjoyed the day off and now I have another two days to relax. John has off this weekend so I hope we do something fun!



1. 39 Simple and Doable Ways to Use A Lot Less Plastic in July article
First off, I'm a HUGE Buzzfeed fan and that is where I spend a majority of my screen time so it was no wonder that I stumbled across this awesome article. The title of the article intrigued me due to my love of saving the environment (fun fact: I was the president of my school's ecology club in high school. John refers to me as his little tree hugger...). One major way to help save the environment is using less plastic. If you are unsure how to go about this, read this article for a pretty extensive list of ways you can use less plastic. You'll be surprised how easy it is to help the environment! My main ways of using less plastic are using reusable straws in my reusable water cup, packing my lunch in containers rather than plastic baggies, and bringing my own canvas shopping totes to the grocery store.

2. My Summer Job
This summer I am spending the next couple weeks working at an arts and crafts director at my township's summer recreation program. In the past, I have worked as a counselor and boy do I love being an assistant director as opposed to a counselor! I spend my days teaching adorable kids different crafts. So far the kids have loved everything we've made!


3. Days Off
This kind of goes against number three... but I really enjoyed having off for the Fourth of July on Wednesday! I started off my morning with a 4 mile run before spending some time with John just relaxing. After he went to work, I went to my sister's for a fun night of games, yummy food, and a ride in Tommy's new wagon!

4. Early Morning Runs
The only way I'm getting a decent run in during this heat wave is if I get up super early to do it.. so that's what I've been doing! I don't have to be in work until 8 am so I have plenty of time to get up and run in the morning to beat the heat. So far it's been a good choice for me and it starts my day on a good note! Surprisingly I haven't been too tired throughout the day, which is a bonus!

This is one of the headbands I just ordered!

5. Headbands

With my new haircut, headbands have been a must for me when it comes to keeping my hair back during a run. I typically wear Sweatybands, but they just haven't been working with my crazy hair lately. Instead, I've been wearing wider headbands that I received free at a running event sometime ago. I only have three, and they aren't in the most fun patterns/colors, so I ordered a couple Hippie Runner headbands on Wednesday during their Fourth of July sale. Now I can't wait to receive my order!

Question of the Day: What are you loving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment