Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy Fourth of July!

I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely Fourth of July holiday! Hopefully you are like me and have the day off. I'm jealous of those who were able to get more than one day off this week, but I'm forever thankful for this one day! Since the holiday falls in the middle of the week, my day won't be spent doing anything too exciting. My family is going over to my sister's house this afternoon for a relaxing BBQ and possibly a swim in my nephew's baby pool :P

I was lucky enough to spend this past weekend down the Jersey Shore with John, John's best friend, Dean, and his friend. We drove down early Saturday (I had John up before 6 am!) so we would have as much time as possible! We got to the place we'd be staying with them around 8 am and were in our chairs on the beach by 10 am. Somehow the beach wasn't crowded yet, so we got a great spot. I'm not a huge beach person, but somehow I was able to last until 4 pm! The time was spent reading, walking up and down the beach, going in the water, and catching some rays. I managed to get some nasty sunburn on my back, but nothing is as bad as the sunburn John got!


After the beach and some rest, we all headed over to the Crab House for dinner. I was hot so I got a shrimp Caesar salad. It really hit the spot! Afterwards, we walked up to the Wildwood boardwalk so we could get waffles and ice cream! I got mine with s'mores ice cream and it was delicious! Our night pretty much ended after that because John didn't feel well with his sunburn. I wasn't complaining, though, because I was exhausted and ready for bed!

Our awesome dinner view!
My Sunday morning started bright and early which I was okay with because I was eager to go for a run. Crazy as it sounds, I've had 'run on the boardwalk' and 'run on the Wildwood sea wall' for awhile now. I happily checked them off my list after this weekend! The sea wall was all I had imagined! I could see the ocean the whole way up and back, as the sun was rising. There weren't too many people out, which is my preference. After the sea wall, I headed up the Wildwood boardwalk. I ended at 6 miles, right at the 7th Ave beach entrance. I took my running shoes off and walked onto the beach so I could walk in the water up until 6th Ave where we were staying. I made it back to the house in time for a pancake breakfast!


After some relaxing, we went to a winery over in Cape May. We all did a tasting and then spent the rest of our time at the bar, hanging out and eating some yummy food! We spent awhile there before heading back to the house. It was super hot out at this point, but we braved the heat and walked up to the boardwalk again. Surprisingly, it felt very cool up on the boardwalk. It was a relief! I was happy when we finally got some boardwalk pizza! It's my favorite! We may have also gotten more ice cream so John could finally try out the waffles and ice cream he missed out on ;)


After a very long weekend, we finally got on our way home. I was beyond ready to get some sleep in my own bed, but not ready to head back to work. Although, I am really loving my job this summer! That'll be a post for another day, though :) I hope you all enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment